Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Microstutters with 780GTX in HDR mode w/VSYNC flying low...

Does anyone have experience with microstutters when going low and fast in HDR mode? I can't seem to get rid of those while I am locked at 30 fps via driver ("Adaptive VSYNC"). I crank up the objects slider to "extreme" and LOD to "high", and take a fast jet to fly low over a dense area, such as Brooklyn for example. I get 30fps with the 6GB 780GTX (even a stock overclocked one from ASUS), BUT I also get microstutters, every few seconds, which totally ruin the experience. 

I am aware that I am pushing X-Plane to the limits here, especially considering that I conducted this test in a F-16 at 500 kts. But it bothers me that the system seems to be able to handle this smoothly - except for those crazy stutters that have been haunting me since 2010 (even with FSX and on a different system).

I will have to try different VSYNC options, also leaving VSYNC off, which has other disadvantages. I am totally in the dark though if this is hardware (performance), driver or X-Plane related, in terms of it being a "bug".

Microstutters, man, gotta hate them!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I was gonna post this today, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

One thing I notice is that the frame drops when the stutter occurs for a brief second, as if it's out of gram? But according to gpuz it is using 3400 of 4000 available on a 770gtx 4gb?

It's definitly not the VRAM. Of my 6GB, X-Plane barely uses 3...

-

I have the same card with 6 gb and fly with photoscenery 

I see sometimes at rendering that it takes 3.8 vram

as soon as I use HDR then stutters appears.

It is also possible that your CPU is to its limitations.

I overclocked the 3770K to 4.6 but I see it is the limit

what do you use for cpu may that is the weakest part of the chain

Are you sure its not x-plane loading in a new area block thing when im flying i get a slight pause when that happens.

I recognize that one also

I solved it by going back from 340 to 377 driver

and second to file a bug in some area's in global scenery (vienna and surrounding)

for the rest I think the 4. gz is on the low site of Ian

may be you could also try to find the right spot in nvidia inspector

I recognize that one also

I solved it by going back from 340 to 377 driver

and second to file a bug in some area's in global scenery (vienna and surrounding)

for the rest I think the 4. gz is on the low site of Ian

may be you could also try to find the right spot in nvidia inspector

I tried going back to 377, same result. I am running a i7 4790k at 4.4Ghz and I believe Microstutters are caused by the GPU and not the CPU ... general Frames are 30+ in that scene, if the CPU had touble, frames would be lower at all times (not just during the stutter).

Are you sure its not x-plane loading in a new area block thing when im flying i get a slight pause when that happens.

I am sure. Microstutters appear every other second, everything should be loaded already.

-

I am sure. Microstutters appear every other second, everything should be loaded already.

Well then I'm at a loss that's the only problem i have had with X-Plane Though my system is not as new as yours im just running a Quad core duo 2.83mHz 4gb ram and a EVGA 570 card.. 

Though i do run adaptive with v-sync on.  And control as many of the display options from the native nvidea settings thing.   

Well i do hope you find out whats causing it.

Think I will try with adaptive vsync and see what happens. I have 1/2 refresh rate at standard at the moment.