Sign in to follow this  
jnr641802

re: jerking picture/sound approaching cloud RE-VISITED

Hi,I posted on this subject a couple of weeks ago,mentioning that I was v/new to pc and flightsim and looking for advice.One reply suggested paying for the services of a familiar ex microsoft graphics expert on the West coast,all other replies suggested It was far better to learn as I went along, with the help of forums such as this one.Being so completely unknowledgeable,I took the easy option and paid.For me,A BIG MISTAKE .This guy really truly knows his stuff,an absolute expert,but I learned nothing,and was not encouraged to ask questions.Furthermore the original problem is still there.If you are already very knowledgeable on flightsim set-up and modification,then this guy may very well be able to improve your sim performance,but then if you have in depth knowledge already,maybe with the help of other simmers you can achieve good results yourself.I have learned I think a lesson, and will go back to basics and hopefully learn something along the way, and in future save my money for hardware instead.By the way thanks for all the replies to my original posting. Regards Jim

To all who may be interested:Michael GreenblattFs-GsFor purposes of clarity I will address this post with the following facts:1) Yes Jim is clearly the most basic beginning user of PCs that I have worked with to date.2) I spent over 8hrs with him over a period of two days.3) I walked him through each step in the service including basic computer skills such as mouse clicks and how to find a file.4) Amazingly we reached the testing phase of the service despite the handicaps5) I even enlisted his wife in the effort when he was unable to use shift to highlight and delete a group of files.6) During the test flights Jim's machine performed well.7) At the end of the service Jim like all my clients was told to contact me after 48 hrs to correct any problems he might be having.8) This morning Friday the 25th Jim contacted me with his problem I than spent an additional 2hrs installing alternative clouds and retested the sim.9) During this process he informed me that he was experiencing the same problem and went offline.10) Since he had inadvertently shut down MSN so many times before I assumed that he had done so again.11) I waited 3 hrs for him to return but he never did.12) Apparently he posted this post instead.Here's a lesson for you Jim since you "didn't learn anything".People who quit always say they "DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING" and you know what Jim........... you "cut off your nose to spite your face"Good Luck to you!

Guest bobsk8

I could tell by this person's post, that he was probably someone that would not be a nice person to deal with. I am glad you got on here and told your side of the story, which is probably much closer to the truth.

The gentleman is absolutely correct about my ineptitude with computers.Almost all he says is correct.But the final straw for me was when I told him I had adjusted some sliders during the 48 hr testing period in an attempt to reduce the original problem which was still occurring,and he suggested that I may have to pay him more to put it right.I had already agreed to pay him more than the standard amount at the beginning.Although I received an abusive email from the gentleman,I would not hesitate in recommending his services to the right person.regards Jim