Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D V2.3 ?

Did they patch the Lod problem with the older 2002 ai models ?? the js31 and js41 for example ?

Don't know what you mean ... what "Lod" problem?  UT2 has FS8 AI models ... I thought they were all updated?

This is fine BUT there still remains a problem! UT2 doesn´t work with Win 8!

You lost me?  UT2 doesn't support Windows 8?  

UT2 actually doesn't support P3D V2.x either, hence my thread and now solution.  This thread is not about solving Windows 8 issues.  There is not going to be any future work done on UT2 ... so armed with that information, you'll need to decide if you really NEED Windows 8.  I don't have Windows 8 so I can't verify any UT2 issues with it.

Unless there is actually something you MUST have that is in Windows 8 that is NOT in Windows 7, I would wipe Windows 8 and go with Windows 7 for any type desktop computing.  Windows 8.x is really aimed at the Mobile market and the "desktop" aspect of it doesn't really work well as a desktop computer -- there are tools to get Win8 back to being more like a desktop computer but that begs the question why do all that work and just use Windows 7 and avoid the headache?

As I understand it, the next version of Windows will have a variant more focused on desktop computing ... but no idea when that will be out.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, that's correct.  Once P3D v2.3 fires up, it may take a few seconds for the AI to appear.  Also, if your at an airport and do any changes to your display setting the AI will do the gate shuffle when you return.

Brilliant Rob,

Many Thanks

Eugene

This is fine BUT there still remains a problem! UT2 doesn´t work with Win 8!!!!!

Hi

No problem at all between UT2 and Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 since the beginning.

The only issue with Windows 8 and 8.1 remains the joystick deconnection but it is resolved with FSUIPC.

Denis

Hello if you grab the last schedules update, summer/fall 2013 this also updates UT2 to version 2.10 and then add Audio Enviroment and Audio enviroment GA for more immersion. The models I think, look and sound fabulous. This is my setup, as UT usually first after initial fsx/pd3 2.3 install, very important ut2 works.

Cheers

Steve

How is UT2's performance impact?  I've been using Traffic360 in 2.2, and it will run with no problems, but the performance is horrible (70% fps loss at heavy airports).  It's my understanding that this is because the models are killing performance, and that no traffic addon has models that will not kill P3D performance.  Can anybody comment on this?

All AI traffic (internal as well as add-on programs) takes a toll. I own the three main AI traffic add-ons, i.e. Traffic360, MyTraffic5.6, and Ultimate Traffic 2. I tried all of them under Prepar3d. Keep in mind, none of them has been officially adapted to Prepar3d2 so far and, as Rob says, UT2 supposedly will never be. I found that MyTraffic was the worst performing, closely followed by Traffic 360. UT2 was the best perfoming among the three, but still produces a framerate hit of, say, ~4 frames from 25. You can see this, as UT2 only kicks in after the simulator is running for a few seconds. All of this tested with unlimited framerate, of course, and on KSFO. On on a small pure GA airfield with only a couple od Pipers around values are better, of course. 

However, UT2 has a nice feature wich may be not generally known. If you call the main application (without running the simulator) there are several "In Game Settings" under "Utilities". The Traffic Generation Options are quite high by default. You can considerably lower them, at least if you are flying low and slow as me most of the time. Moreover, there is a "Target FSX frame rate slider". I set this slightly below my (usually externally limited) target framerate. If UT2 detects your framerate drops considerably below this value it adjusts AI traffic automatically, up to deleting it completely, if framrate drops drastically. I found this a very cool feature.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Glad this thread was started because I want to get UT2 working with P3Dv2.3.  I used the EMT but still no luck.  I have added the simobjects line to the cfg file but cant figure out how to modify the exe.xml file?  How do you all modify the xml file??

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Please check Rob's Messages in this thread, it's all there.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I realize its all there but having difficulties adding entries to the EXE.xml file.  I am using notepad to modify the xml file with no success in adding the UT2 entries per Point 4 in the OP.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

I realize its all there but having difficulties adding entries to the EXE.xml file.  I am using notepad to modify the xml file with no success in adding the UT2 entries per Point 4 in the OP.

I right click and open with word pad.

Hello if you grab the last schedules update, summer/fall 2013 this also updates UT2 to version 2.10 and then add Audio Enviroment and Audio enviroment GA for more immersion. The models I think, look and sound fabulous. This is my setup, as UT usually first after initial fsx/pd3 2.3 install, very important ut2 works.

Cheers

Steve

So audio environment works in p3dv2?

How is UT2's performance impact?

If you run 100% GA and Airlines it will be pretty bad, about 50% FPS hit ... if you run 40% Airline and 30% GA it's about 10% FPS hit.  You also may want to disable moving Jetways.

Hi

No problem at all between UT2 and Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 since the beginning.

The only issue with Windows 8 and 8.1 remains the joystick deconnection but it is resolved with FSUIPC.

Denis

I don't have UT2 installed at the moment, but that was my impression also and it did install/run properly for me with Win 8 and P3d 2.x previously.

Do you hear atc comms from the ai with ut2

ATC has not changed, they will work with UT2 also.

and then add Audio Enviroment and Audio enviroment GA for more immersion.

I don't have this product, would like to hear more about it ... does it just replace sound files or does it use it's own sound processing and require a module in the DLL.XML?

Cheers, Rob.