Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate Traffic 2 in P3D V2.3 ?

Do you have a link to this tool? Also, anyone have before and after pictures of the AI aircraft after using the tool?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I made this batch available after the release of UT2 partly to combat shimmering textures.

There are many other reasons why mipmapped textures should be used for certain external daytime textures which I won't go into here. If you have any questions about this, please pm me.

There is a very slight loss of quality which depends on the conversion technique used and source quality but in this case, none of the aircraft textures suffer much.

The performance and stability boost easily outweigh any loss due to compression, which is hardly noticeable.

Don't expect miracles, the main reason I made this available was to remove shimmering textures.

Best , Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

This may sound like a silly question.. but if the mipmap conversion (imagetool.exe) was done, how can you tell.. ie: based on file size etc? I'm pretty sure i ran it on my files at some point but i'm unsure.. is there harm in running it twice?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

You can tell by the file size, mipmapped textures have specific sizes.

You can also open the texture with Aces Image tool and you will see the mipmaps, or not.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Sorry to reignite this one, particularly Rob, however, I've done everything mentioned and although UT2 works, I can't get it to run automatically when I start P3D. I've created the exe.xml file, put the entry in it etc, but it doesn't start when I start P3D. If I run the UT services exe manually once P3D has started then it works ok.

Any ideas? I had to create the exe.xml file as mine was 'missing' (I believe it's missing until an entry gets written to it), it's in the same directory as the dll.xml file etc. Still, no joy.

Rob, it's indeed a bit hard on performance, even more as my system is weaker than yours. However I once made a comparison test to Traffic360 and MyTraffic 5.4b, all installed via the EMT. They both were even worse, so I settled with UT2. In addition, you can try to find a hot spot via the UT2 in-game settings and I am under the Impression UT generates a more vivid traffic (including GA) than the other two. (I don't care too much for exact flight planes, though.)

And, yes, I applied the mipmap converter, too.

Kind regards. Michael

I've uninstalled both UT2 and Traffic 360 awhile ago, so I really can't dispute your "comparison test". But I would venture to guess that MyTraffic Pro 5.4 when combined with the freeware  app Air Traffic Manager is just as good as UT2. And the advantage to MyT Pro is that not only is it  still in development, but there is a P3d 2.x version planned. As to performance, MyT Pro has three resolution levels for the AI aircraft, so if the high resolution models put too much of a strain on your system, one can always opt for the lower resolution models. I find that with a commercial traffic level set to 35% and a maximum aircraft set to 100 in ATM, I can fly pretty much anywhere with MyT Pro without seeing much impact on performance .

How do the models in 5.4 compare with UTII?

I went with UTII years ago not because UTII was inherently better, but that MT models were so poor.

Mark

I've uninstalled both UT2 and Traffic 360 awhile ago, so I really can't dispute your "comparison test". But I would venture to guess that MyTraffic Pro 5.4 when combined with the freeware  app Air Traffic Manager is just as good as UT2. And the advantage to MyT Pro is that not only is it  still in development, but there is a P3d 2.x version planned. As to performance, MyT Pro has three resolution levels for the AI aircraft, so if the high resolution models put too much of a strain on your system, one can always opt for the lower resolution models. I find that with a commercial traffic level set to 35% and a maximum aircraft set to 100 in ATM, I can fly pretty much anywhere with MyT Pro without seeing much impact on performance .

I already made a short test with MT5.4 and the recently developed Air Traffic Manager. While I would not give exact numbers and it's a bit hard do compare in numbers, it does indeed help noticeably with performance. On the other hand, I put the UT2 planes on a Ramdisk now giving UT2 a certain boost, too.

I'll certainly follow development of the P3D2 version of MT5.4 and probably give it a try, though, should there be an upgrade offer.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

How do the models in 5.4 compare with UTII?

I went with UTII years ago not because UTII was inherently better, but that MT models were so poor.

Mark

I installed MT 5.4 and while there was much more varied selection of traffic, the quality of the models was noticeably poorer and for that reason I switched back to UT2.

I installed MT 5.4 and while there was much more varied selection of traffic, the quality of the models was noticeably poorer and for that reason I switched back to UT2.

You kind of wonder if some individual/company will pick up on and fill the void left by UTII no longer being updated.

Hi everyone

I have ave a major problem how to run UT2. I haveh Prepar3D V2.4.

I did everything like the first post in this topic.

I can start UT 2 without any problems. If I start Prepar3D i get the sound UT inizialist.....

But I getting all the time a red sign created by UT2 showing me a warning that fsx.exe was not closed succesfully. Means it crashed the last time. I have no installation of fsx. In Prepar no Ai is shown...

Hello to everyone !  I`m Eros and I would like to buy Ultimate Traffic 2 and install it on Prepar3d v2.3 ; I decided to try the DEMO version and install it by EMT,

but I can not see any airplane at EDDS airport, one of the two airport thet the DEMO let you try Ultimate Traffic working.

I tryed to modify the Prepar3d CFG and the exe.xml file following your instruction, but it doesn`t work.

I`m honestly missing the Step 2     Add registry key for FSX location that points to P3D ...   but being a Demo, I think there is not a registry key .... 

Could you kindly give me a suggest, and, if it is possible, explain the Step 2  ..../

Many thanks indeed  

Eros

Interesting thread.....  maybe I can help here:

I have a much easier way to do this (run Ultimate Traffic X, which I think is what you are all trying to do, in P3D v2.x),  and it works.  I'm at work now so will post here again when I get home.  What the method (and not mine to take the credit, I got this from a Google search months ago) requires is two things:

1. FSX with UTX (original version, I think the updated version has issues with Win 8...) installed.

2. A registed copy of FSUIPC

There's a line that I put into FSUIPC.INI that starts/kills UTX.  This is the part that I will have to provide tonight when I'm home.  Then I also have the additional line in the .cfg file to add the additional class of vehicle (someone refers to this above,  Rob I think).

No editing of any .xml file required, and it works flawlessly. 

A note:  I have my old FSX (with UTX installed) on the smae drive as P3D.  I'm not sure if not having FSX on the same drive would be an issue.

Thanks,  Bruce.

To complete my post above:

The lines to add to FSUIPC.INI:

[Programs]

Run1=READY,KILL,"E:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

(Choose your own path to FSX)

(Requires FSX to be installed, and UT2 installed into FSX)

(Requires a registered copy of FSUIPC)

(May require FSX be installed on the same drive as P3D, I don't know)

(Also requires the additional line in the .cfg file to add the new class of vehicles)

(May require original version of UT2 installed into FSX, I don't know)

That's all I ever did and it runs well.

Thanks, and I do not take credit for this method, I wish I could give credit to someone but I don't know who's method it is.

Bruce.

Bruce,

This worked like a champ for me. Thanks so much. I have FSX and P3D on separate drives. FSX is in my Q drive and P3D is on my P drive.

My FSUIPC line in the FSUIPC.ini file in the P3D modules folder is:

[Programs]

Run1=READY,KILL,"Q:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

and my SimObjectsPaths line is:

SimObjectPaths.9=Q:\FSX\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

As a test, I also copied my UT2 Aircraft folder into P3D and used this SimObjectsPaths line: SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft  It seems to me I get better FPS from having the UT2 aircraft in the P3D folder (approx 5 to 12 FPS better), so I will stick with that method.

To summarize, the FSUIPC method works, as does pointing the SimObjectsPaths to my FSX UT2 folder; I do get better results with the copied UT2 Aircraft folder in P3D. I do not have EMT, and I had to make no registry edits.

Cheers!

Mark Fox