Sign in to follow this  
newtie

FSUIPC question

Hi all-

Is FSUIPC required for 2.3, or just certain addons? Did a fresh 2.3 install last night and removed the contents of the Modules folder prior to doing so. Did a short hop around HI this morning and everything seemed to be working pretty good. 

Thanks,

Mark

No, it's not required. I've been happily flying for years and years without FSUIPC. I do actually own it (bought it for the autosave function which came in handy with the first P3D 2 versions and also as a thank you to Pete because I used the free version a while to prevent CDT's with FSX) but I don't have it installed anymore (simply because it offers nothing I need).

The main thing that I use FSUIPC for with P3d2 is to prevent losing my joystick functionality under Windows 8.1. What I did notice with P3d 2.3 is that without FSUIPC installed initially in 2.3, my joystick eventually disappeared from the list of controllers within the P3d controller options dialog, but the joystick still continued to function. Maybe LM did create a partial workaround, since that never happened to me before 2.3 was installed.

EDIT: There is a slightly newer beta of FSUIPC (4.934h):

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/77284-yet-another-fsx-appcrash-problem-due-to-fsuipc4/#entry469670

It also works with P3d 2.3 as do the "f" and "g" betas.

I mainly use it to control my yoke, stick and TQ. The calibration is much better than native windows. I keep the yoke, stick, TQ and rudders plugged in and FSUIPC selects the proper one depending on aircraft profile. Lots of cool features - NOT required but VERY handy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The main thing that I use FSUIPC for with P3d2 is to prevent losing my joystick functionality under Windows 8.1. What I did notice with P3d 2.3 is that without FSUIPC installed initially in 2.3, my joystick eventually disappeared from the list of controllers within the P3d controller options dialog, but the joystick still continued to function. Maybe LM did create a partial workaround, since that never happened to me before 2.3 was installed.

It happened to me with 2.2. I had to quit the controls screen and open it again (one or two times) to see my joystick and rudder appear. It happened a few times at random. So far it didn't happen in 2.3 but I only visited the control screen twice up to now. I never lost functionality of my controls with Windows 8.1 but I've only been using if for a month or so.