Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Is this a scam?

Looks legit seen that before with pmdg products

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

That's perfectly normal. It's to ensure all purchases are legitimate.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ok and when i go to select the ng i get a CTD 

i have entered my key 5 times and its not taking it

em ok but its not taking my key though on my box?

Vernon Howells

well told to type in my key, but sorry i have been trying that all night last night and today. what a joke. looks like a re-install

Vernon Howells

well told to type in my key, but sorry i have been trying that all night last night and today. what a joke. looks like a re-install

Running the sim as an administrator?

Kyle Rodgers

Yeh set it as run as admin in properties!

I will try right click run as admin and report back

Vernon Howells

Fsx gremlins at work don't you love them ;)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It may be some malware issue that's 'messing' around with your system, only a thought. If you haven't already done so, install and run Malwarebytes.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Rickliffe

I have just removed viruses with this -

http://www.emsisoft....n/software/eek/

rogue.win32.fakeAV (A) 1 registry key

Adware.win32.adhere (A) 1 registry key

trojan.html.fakealert. p (

Those were prob causing windows to crash and its been a day now :)

GREMLINS lol

So after all this was a scam haha i was right in my instincts.

And its shocking how PMDG never recognised this even though i took screen shots of the ugly looking window asking for a key. It was just a white little box kinda like the old windows classic looking grey square box.

Going to right to them and ask why they didn't even bother to look at my dropbox i paste to them.

Vernon Howells

If it's the image in your original post here, that is the legitimate box that you need to enter your Serial Key in to.

To say again, the image in your original post here is not a scam it is the genuine box that you enter you're NGX Serial Key in to, after first purchasing.

It sounds like the virus(es) you had may have messed with your Registry.    As far as I know, that Serial Number box only pops up if the PMDG authentication certificate/key have not been stored in registry.

The virus fix that you did probably restored your registry  = problem solved.

I don't really get why you're annoyed with PMDG.   You had a virus and it affected the authentication of your NGX;   don't really see how that is PMDG's fault....

Just i never received this box when activating the NGX it was from the installation!

So glad its all resolved now :)

Well back to flying now

Vernon Howells