Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Is this a scam?

A few weeks ago a windows update broke my registry bad. So bad I had to do a restore. Appearently I had a BSOD during the update. But I didn't notice it as I had let the computer shut down when I went to bed. Next morning the computer was turned on with a fatal error recovery message on screen. After that my PMDG licenses all stopped working. The solution was a system restore from a point before the update. I don't believe malware was a part of my problem.

Vernon, glad you got it sorted. Viruses and malware have a nasty habit of getting into your registry and creating havoc with a whole shed load of things. When things start to happen on your computer with no rational explanation, quite often you can pin it down to a virus or malware. But as Craig said, it has nothing to do with PMDG whatsoever, it could just as easily have been some other addon or addons you were experiencing difficulties with. Do yourself a favour though, if you haven't already done so, get yourself a  good quality backup system in place so that in future, if need be, you can simply reinstall Windows and FSX simply and easily!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Yep thanks for that i'll keep on scanning :)

Going to get myself a external hard drive and back it up using acronis

Vernon Howells

Yep thanks for that i'll keep on scanning :)

Going to get myself a external hard drive and back it up using acronis

A very wise move Vernon. Acronis has got me out of many a scrape over the years. Having that assurance is very comforting.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

As long  its the same size of the hard drives you have installed, so be best if  its an external hard drive,  thats what I got anyways

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got an SSD and HDD, will purchase one tonight and back it up with acronis :)

Vernon Howells