Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

AI Taxi Speed Utility for 2004 Coming Soon

Guest Ken_Salter

Thanks to information provided to me by Jan Weick, I will be integrating into FS9 Configurator the ability to modify AI Taxi Speed in MSFS 2004.This happens to coincide with my work on a new version of this program with an improved user interface.I hope to have this available for Beta in the next couple of days.You can view screen shots and progress on my support forum:http://www.kensalter.com/forumand of course when I release this I will post in this forum.

Yay! :DNow we just need to figure out how to change the amount of time AI will sit in one place before disappearing..... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Shep

Great news Ken. I have a couple of AI Trains waiting for an increase in speed and if it's possible to push up the 'taxi' rate enough to make them appear a bit more realistic it will add more scenery to our project for VFR Photographic scenery -http://www.vfrautogen.co.uk/vfrhome_view.phpI tried to register on your forum but I don't get a return email - would it be because I used the same login details as I use for the main AVSIM forum?Many thanks in advanceShep

Guest Ken_Salter

Oops it appears I have a problem with my mail server, you should have the email now.My forum is not affiliated with AVSim.com.

Guest Shep

Got it now thanks Ken. Could I ask what the max speed would be? I know for A/C 20/25 or maybe 30 knots would be suitable but for AI Trains (and cars/trucks) a faster speed would be a big help.Shep

Guest Ken_Salter

It appears to be about 35 knots.

Guest frankcubillos

A Huge Thanks Ken From This AI Nut!Frank C.PAI

Guest Keyser Soze

OMG! The new utility for AI separation, then a new version of ActiveSky with Chris Willis in their team and now the AI taxi speed utility!!! THANK YOU Ken for this news!!!!!!!!!! :-jumpy I would like to give to know Microsoft that they don't need to hurry with the new version of the flight sim because FS9 is going to be 99% perfect (1% down for the ATC not knowing SID/STAR's) ;-)

Guest Ken_Salter

I would like to re-iterate that Jan Weick did all the hard work here. I am just basically putting a UI around it.