Sign in to follow this  

2-Way and 3-Way SLI support in P3D V2.3

Hey All,

I know SLI is a "big" deal for many and it's a VERY common questions (and/or complaint) I get.  I can sympathize with some of the frustration around SLI, especially for those that have purchase multiple GPUs for this very product. 

First off, let me assure you that how I'm about to proceed may not be "user friendly" and is not officially supported.  We'll still need nVidia driver support ... that will not change.  

However I'm going to press forward with trying to get 2-way or 3-way SLI to work even if no official driver support from nVidia yet. I've seen other's report success.  My current plan of attack on a base (no add-on) 2.3 Pro Plus install:

1. Start with the AFR-FriendlyD3D.EXE approach first on 337.88 drivers and will most likely have to use nVidia Inspector to try various SLI settings.

2. Move onto 340.52 drivers and disable Tess to test that.

3. Use some Quadro performance drivers 340.66 that I understand will install and work with my Titans.

I'll use both AFR-FriendlyD3D.EXE and Prepar3D.EXE when tring 2-Way and 3-Way SLI.

I would appreciate any information/tips anyone has in regards to getting SLI to work with P3D V2.x. Toss me a bone!   I've posted the same request with LM.

631eba5606e1b5eb12a6be73c5f8087a.jpg

This weekends 3-way Titan project (waiting for someone to spot something).

Cheers, Rob.

Ok, aside from the fact that apparently someone hasn't done the dishes, it would appear that the picture isn't quite as "Black" as it could be.....

This is going to be a very interesting thread - bring it on Rob - thank you

Rich Sennett

Looks like a fire sale. An odd ball line up to be sure. 3 different brand SSD's. ;o)  That and the lone Titan sitting beneath the pile of Titan Black.

Can't wait to see the video from this project. Just don't burn the house down! ;o)

Jazz

An odd ball line up to be sure. 3 different brand SSD's

Haha, yeah ... I've consolidated to larger 1TB SSDs, these are baby ones (256GB) I plan to sell cheap.

I figured someone would find the Titan difference ... it's actually my old GTX SuperClock not the Black I currently have in my PC ... I couldn't find my original Black box (no pun intended) to use in the picture ... so I guess technically I have 4 Titans but only 3 that will work together ... I will be selling the GTX also (cheap, not those crazy eBay prices).

Wow. What kind of motherboard are you using?

It's a ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA 2011 Intel X79 -- it supports 4-Way SLI, but from what I've read there is currently no benefit to going beyond 3-Way SLI.

This is going to be a very interesting thread - bring it on Rob - thank you

Thanks for putting me onto some good SLI info, Rich ... appreciate it.

Lucky for me our house is Solar panel supplemented.

Cheers, Rob.

I think what Beau is talking about here: 

You may want to clear out the device and window placement cfg items any time you rewire things....

are these entries in Prepar3d.cfg

[Main]

Location=783,386,1823,1164,\\.\DISPLAY1
LocationFullScreen=0,0,2560,1600,\\.\DISPLAY1

HDR needs to be turned OFF which is a bummer, but I'll experiment

Cheers, Rob.

Too much money lol

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Haha, yeah ... I've consolidated to larger 1TB SSDs, these are baby ones (256GB) I plan to sell cheap.

Glad it helped out Rob :) should be great to see what you come up with 

Edited by n4gix
Rich, please do not quote the entire post when replying!

Rich Sennett

[insert Mr. Burns' "excellent" here] 

Rob - These settings have been working for me. I'm not really up on SLI but after setting it up like this, I get 50/50 load distribution across the two 780's. I notice NO increase in fps but I don't really bother with fps. Mainly I noticed the sim was smoother and under heavy load ( clouds, rain, TStorms all at once) the degradation of fps didn't occur as fast as before.

I'm using these same settings in 2.3 but I'm using the default cfg set up by P3D with  no changes. Flew into LAX at night in the Twotter with medium cloud cover - fps capped at 20 - stayed at 20 all the way. FTX Global and Vector.

In NVidia Control panel - enable SLI - in manage3d - set Texture Filtering Quality to HIGH QUIALITY - that's all

in NVI - first RESET Prepar3d profile to defaults then

Texture filtering Quality - HighQuality

Antialiasing-SLIAA AA_MODE_SELECTOR_SLIAA_ENABLED

# of GPU's SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO

SLI Rendering SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR2

In P3d - fxaa off msaa 4 anisotropic 16x - 2048x2048

All other in sim settings as you like them. I have most maxed with cloud shadows on.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic a quick question

you say you run capped fps at 20.

Is that thru NI and leave unlimited in P3d or capped at 20 in P3d.

Just used these settings and yes, 50% load share across my 2x780s as well. 

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Rob, bear in mind that many addons need P3D.exe to run,

If you can solve that it would be great.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0