Sign in to follow this  

2-Way and 3-Way SLI support in P3D V2.3

Well Rob, with your seemingly unlimited funds, I hope you find a solution to this problem. :smile:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Rob - These settings have been working for me.

Thank you Vic ... I will try that out.

So far only been able to get 2-way working, I think my PSU maybe issue and/or CPU overclock is very sensitive to 3 GPUs under load.

AFRFriendly approach has some issues and for some strange reason with HDR on it's VERY dark ... going back to the standard Prepar3d.exe and the darkness goes away.  But so far I'm only testing in SLI 3D Performance mode (single monitor).

Rob, bear in mind that many addons need P3D.exe to run,

Yes, that's going to be a problem.

Lots of variants I can try out here, including SLI AA modes but those don't work in SLI 3D Performance mode.

On the plus side I'm seeing about almost double fps even with just two GPUs when using the Prepar3D.exe ... but I need to do more testing, so many variables.

Cheers, Rob.

I notice NO increase in fps but I don't really bother with fps.

I think we are going to see more and more of this in the future with P3d, even with working SLI and faster single video cards. My bottleneck (and probably yours also) is now the one CPU core that pegs at 100% under load. It's not even clear to me yet how much of an improvement the soon to be introduced Haswell E processors will provide :

http://wccftech.com/intel-haswelle-core-i7-5960x-core-i7-5930k-core-i7-5820k-specifications-unveiled-flagship-8-core-boost-33-ghz/

http://wccftech.com/intel-haswell-e-processors-feature-upto-8-cores-20-mb-l3-cache-feature-ddr4-memory-support-x99-wellsburgx-pch/

unless LM can figure out how to balance the CPU load better among all the cores. And the Haswell E CPUs will require a new mobo and RAM. The flagship octacore Core i7-5960X will set you back $1000 US or thereabouts. At least one doesn't have to buy either a new PSU, case or SSDs, but that will be a small consolation.

The next tick (or is it tock, I can't remember) are the Broadwell CPUs in late 2015.

try to enable your sli in your nvidia pilot.

then enable sli in NVI and active mode AFRFRindly, but only in NVI.

Then, look at yours titan's activities and look at your fps.

Second, do the same thing but disengage the sli in Nvidia pilot.

Tell me what you get  :mellow:

So I  found  an improvment, even it is'snt doubled ! 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

More testing, no difference with SLI so far using Prepar3D.exe.  The SLI AA modes didn't seem to make any difference to me - disappointing ... and there is no SGSS AA SLI mode.

AFR-Friendly does show an improvement of about 19% (about the same as what Beau was seeing 20%)  ... interestingly it also creates it's own AFR-FriendlyD3D.cfg in the same location as Prepar3d.cfg.  

Anyway, a few more things to try with the 337.88 before I move on to 340.52 with tess (can't imagine that will be better, but will try it).

It was good to see there is at least some benefit to SLI with the AFR-Friendly ... base on performance improvements for other SLI products that nVidia supports with a profile, I think if we ever do get a profile from nVidia it will probably realize at least 30% improvement minimum.

BUT AFR-FriendlyD3D still produced stutters regardless of frame rate or synch or triple buffer ... I need to do some time between frames analysis.

Cheers, Rob.

interestingly it also creates it's own AFR-FriendlyD3D.cfg in the same location as Prepar3d.cfg.  

And some other new files with the AFR-FriendlyD3D tricks are from FSUIPC. Need to create the .key files and FSUIPC4.AFR-FriendlyD3D.ini file manually.

Source : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/440012-p3d-v-22-sli-and-fsuipc/

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I know SLI is a "big" deal for many and it's a VERY common questions (and/or complaint) I get.  I can sympathize with some of the frustration around SLI, especially for those that have purchase multiple GPUs for this very product. 

Hi Rob,

man you killing me how many Titns do you drive now in your rig. Damn i just bought a ´68 Mustang i cant keep up with your pace :D Im thinking of buying a second 780ti for v2.3

Many thanks again for your effort to keep us informend and up to date with your tests.

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote!

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

More testing, no difference with SLI so far using Prepar3D.exe.  The SLI AA modes didn't seem to make any difference to me - disappointing ... and there is no SGSS AA SLI mode.

Sorry to come back about this but did you put SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR2 in sli rendering mode in NVI ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Rob, a side note...

How are those Vector drives?  I recently had to replace mine with a Samsung as I was getting SEVERE data loss and crashes.  I did a search online and it seems this is a common problem.  OCZ doesn't seem to wan to admit that there are issues with their Vector drives.  I tried to warranty mine as well but they told me flat out, nope...

Rob,

try to start with a copy of the BIOSHOCK 2 profile as the base.  I have tried several different profiles and also with a default profile but the Bioshock profiles gives me the best results.

My problem is that with SLI enabled I cannot overclock my graphic cards, I always get an G3D.dll error. With the default settings everything is fine and I can push them to 99% without any problem.  Maybe that we need a more optimzed code from LM so that this could also be improved.

I only have 2 GTX580 but with v2.3 I always get my 40-50 FPS (no clouds) at 5760x1080.

nvidia_20140814_170952.png

nvidia_20140814_171144.png

Cheers,

Michael

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

Sorry to come back about this but did you put SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR2 in sli rendering mode in NVI ?

Yes, no difference.

I only have 2 GTX580 but with v2.3 I always get my 40-50 FPS (no clouds) at 5760x1080.

Ok, this means you are not running SLI "Maximize 3D Performance" mode ... that mode only supports one monitor for output and I'm assuming your 5760 x 1080 is multiple monitors?  So far I've been working the the "3D Performance" mode exclusively figuring that's where I'm going to see the best performance SLI results.

But I will certainly try your settings and see how it goes, thank you!

Cheers, Rob.

How are those Vector drives?

I've not had any issues with them (flawless operation and tested out very well on the speed front) ... they are based on INDILINX controller.  The only time I had issues is when I tried to RAID the Vector SSDs ... that turned out to be the RAID controller not supporting the Vector INDILINX.  What onboard controller did your Vector's use ... I know Vector have many different version using various controllers?

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, no difference.

I saw Y've a R IV (Extreme, I suppose with 4 slots SLI). Did you active the 16 lines for the both cards ? 

I've a RIVE too. and it's not easy to place the card in the slots wich use the 16 lines. 

I know it's depending the configuration, but yours is a lot closed to mine.

Rob, a side note...

How are those Vector drives?  I recently had to replace mine with a Samsung as I was getting SEVERE data loss and crashes.  I did a search online and it seems this is a common problem.  OCZ doesn't seem to wan to admit that there are issues with their Vector drives.  I tried to warranty mine as well but they told me flat out, nope...

I have two of them and a Samsumg 1TB evo - haven't had any issues. 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It is the 256GB Indilux.  It seemed to have started when the computer was turned off without shutting down.  I imagine it corrupted the drive somehow.  I used their software to "reset" the drive.  It fixed it for about 1 month and the data loss/blue screens began again.

Really weird stuff.

It is the 256GB Indilux

Odd, not a single problem with the three OCZ Vectors I have -- rock solid and I used them ALOT for all my video captures (ShadowPlay/Fraps) so I was working them hard as you know.  I haven't had any issues with any of my SSDs, from Intel to OCZ to Samsung -- all worked at advertised specs and reliable.

Cheers, Rob.