Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Best A-380 out there...?

Looking for a nice A-380 with excellent cockpit, wing views, and overall great flight dynamics.  Which do you recommend?  Love to have an Emerates livery.

Stan

Probably Project Airbus A380 would be the best option for that. Then there's payware from Wilco, it has some more systems simulated but looks quite bad both inside and out. 

I recommend to keep an eye on this project: 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Next-Level-Simulations/181439575254200

When released it should be what you are looking for. 

I think the best A380 would be the one made by Airbus Industries . Not cheap though !

John

The Wilco A380 looks like a hack into the Feelthere A340 code (I'm not saying it is one ... it just seems to me that way) - and the Wilco bus has quite a number of flaws and issues remaining, despite the fact that its development ended a long time ago. Also, their cockpit/display/gauge representation is off in many aspects and even varies between the 2D and the VC views!

So one more for NLS - the best is yet to come!

That NLS (Next Level Simulations) one looks awesome.  Perhaps the best thing is to wait for that one. Thanks FS Camp.

Stan

That NLS (Next Level Simulations) one looks awesome.  Perhaps the best thing is to wait for that one. Thanks FS Camp.

Stan

Fully agree.

Stan

Hi Stan,

I would agree too. I made the mistake of not 'practicing what I preach' and bought the Wilco version a little while ago during a rash moment as it was available at a reduced price and I was fed up with waiting for an A380!

Having read reviews, etc before purchasing it, I didn't expect it to be great and I wasn't disappointed - it really is a very mediocre offering even though it is version 2 of this product. Externally the shape of the model just doesn't seem quite right and the engine nacelles are far too thick. Furthermore thrust reversers are present on all 4 engines whereas in reality only the inboard engines have thrust reversers. It really is very much lacking in the type of detail that gives a model realism, to the point where I have seen freeware models that look better. Internally the VC is also a bit of a disappointment visually and again I would describe it as pre-FS9 quality in terms of finish and as a result does not confer a great sense of immersion . I haven't gone into the systems in depth, but I gather that they are largely functional if you can put up with 'sitting' in a fairly uninviting VC! I don't fly from 2D cockpits any more so I won't comment on this.

As I became disillusioned with this even faster than I expected, I haven't spent too much time flying it, but I would comment that the flight model does seem realistic. Certainly it is better than a payware A380 that I bought for FS9 many years ago (can't remember whether it was from AFS or Perfect Flight) which had many of the flight dynamics of a Saturn 5 rocket! The sounds both internal and external seem reasonable, but I think if I was using this a lot I would be looking at getting a payware sound addon for it.

So another vote for waiting!

Bill

Gotta try that WIlco + Project Airbus merge. Looks promising (while waiting for NLS to finish their project)