Sign in to follow this  
sky2002

737 NGX weather radar

For all you talking about rain in FSX, there is no rain in FSX, if there was then your monitor would not work and your desk would get wet. What you see are dots on a screen, it's a computer generated image.

Sorry, not been on here for a while and just felt like being sarcastic.

as far as I have heard they will not be making a wx radar for the PMDG 737NGX , I myself am deflated , as the 777 has a big hit on my FPS

as far as I have heard they will not be making a wx radar for the PMDG 737NGX , I myself am deflated , as the 777 has a big hit on my FPS

You might want to read a little more on the forum here before sharing information about what you "heard."

The forum is the only official avenue for PMDG updates (currently), and there are more than a few posts by the developers saying that it is planned for SP2.

Kyle Rodgers

When there are updates, they always end up in a stickeyed post at the top of the General Forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Right, well, I bought the NGX about a few weeks ago and have been struggling with it.  I bought AOA's FlightWork lessons and they help.  The PMDG tutorials are outstanding by the way.

Anyway, I saw this thread and had to post because I was going to ask about this very issue.  I thought there would be weather when I pressed the weather button but I never saw it.  I didn't know it was not implemented.

Will it be implemented?  I think I have the very latest version as I just bought it.  I think it would be great to see weather returns like the real plane.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

KFFC

Jack Sawyer

First of all, why did scandanavian send me a link to an April Fool's joke. I don't understand. I thought I asked a legitimate question and I get a reply like that? I don't "get" the joke. Are they going to implement WX radar or are they not going to implement it? What part of that question do they not understand? One would think a simple yes or no would suffice, for me at least it would. As a brand new PMDG customer it leaves a bad taste to be the butt of a joke and it makes me not want to buy any more PMDG products.

Also ,what is star soaring and MAX? I have no idea.

Best.

Jack Sawyer

Jack Sawyer

First of all, why did scandanavian send me a link to an April Fool's joke. I don't understand. I thought I asked a legitimate question and I get a reply like that? I don't "get" the joke. Are they going to implement WX radar or are they not going to implement it? What part of that question do they not understand? One would think a simple yes or no would suffice, for me at least it would. As a brand new PMDG customer it leaves a bad taste to be the butt of a joke and it makes me not want to buy any more PMDG products.

Jack, the post I linked to had a very serious and legitimate answer to your question. Yes, it was posted in a thread explaining that a picture in another thread was related to an April Fool's joke, but I do ask that you go back and take a serious second look. I wouldn't intentionally lead someone astray like that. You weren't the butt of the joke. If you go back to the post I linked to (which I linked to because it's from the owner's words and not mine), I think you'll clearly see that it's just a misunderstanding. Your answer is  - 100% legitimately - there.

Kyle Rodgers

"For those that asked:  This will get added to the NGX at some point.  (No- I cannot give you any ETA info at the moment.)  It will also be in the 744v2.0 at release time." That is what Kyle was referring to and what the link stated. A simple search could have found this answer or possibly reading reply's in this actual thread. Its answered at least 3 times. You could also read the link he gave you instead of the thread name.

Richie Walsh

Please don't mess around okay?

I'm not messing around. I linked to a thread that says the following:

For those that asked:  This will get added to the NGX at some point.  (No- I cannot give you any ETA info at the moment.)  It will also be in the 744v2.0 at release time.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Kyle Rodgers

The product was never advertised with a WX radar and here we are 4 years later with people demanding it. Sorry Kyle you should have left this post alone lol.

Seriously if your system can't handle the 777 why would you even want it?

ASN has a gauge you can install to any AC and you can open their app and get your precious weather. IMO it's not that big of deal, Next thing people will want the WX radar for the MD 11  BAE4100 and old 747.

WX wasn't even going to be an option in the T7 until the last minute anyways you guys need to lighten up...you got what you paid for in 2011 

Ask yourself is adding a WX radar going to generate anymore sales for a 4 year old product that anyone who wanted it probably already has it?? Doubtful.  So who will fund this?

I found nowhere in the documents where it said it would NOT work.

It will work when they implement the weather radar in the near so future which hopefully be soon

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think my system can handle it.

Look, I like the NGX, I have never flown a PMDG jet before, I, as a new customer saw this thread and was curious about it. I saw that it didn't work, wondered why and came here. ALL I ever wanted was a yes or no. Not some run around. A yes or a no. How simple can that be?

My system can handle anything now.

CM Storm Scout II Advanced case
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Pro, Intel LGA 1150 mobo
i7 4790 Quad Core 4.66 GHz
Corsair Hydro H80i Liquid Cooling
8 GB Trident X DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz
500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

4 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 - Driver GeForce 344.65 WHQL
NV Inspector version - 1.9.6.5

Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX
Integrated High Speed Network 10/100/1000
802.11n WiFi card
750 Watt Corsair RM Power Supply
20x DVD/CD Burner
Creative A250 3-Piece Speaker System
Creative Fatal1ty headset
FSX Gold
Saitek PZ44 Yoke & throttle
Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
Samsung S27A550H Monitor
Track IR 5
Oh come on now, everything else is implemented down to the minutest detail, they brag about it, why shouldn't I be curious as to why it shouldn't work?

Jack Sawyer 

Jack Sawyer

Folks-

In spite of Kyle getting his noggin batted about for choosing the incorrect thread to point out a valid answer...  (Further proof that that you cannot win for losing....  :ph34r: )

I have removed a number of unsigned posts from this thread.

We have required that users sign their posts for 16 years in this forum.  Please....  Create a signature in your user account so that I don't have to be the a__hole?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com