Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Academic Licence

lol, maybe I wait for v4...

Then you will be waiting a very, very long time. I doubt that v3.x will appear until late in 2015...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

...nothing but lemmings here...

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

The issue I have with the PMDG lemmings is that they assume the whole flight sim world is devoted to them.

As if 'serious' flying can only be done in a PMDG aircraft.

They make great addon jets, yes but its not what everyone wants to do with the sim thats for sure.

I find it's generally folks with no real world flight experience that climb on the PMDG bandwagon, those of us that have been there and done that can see the virtues of general aviation because it relates to our real world experiences much better. Not knocking PMDG, I have the T7 and I think it's wonderful, even fun, but it's difficult to recreate a RW flight that I did 20 yrs ago in a Skyhawk with it, lol. Yes, I too find the "captains" obnoxious at times.

yes if V4 is a long way away then it is probably worthwhile getting the V3 editions, just to support the dev team and have some fun in other planes also gives us the a future glimpse of what is in coming in the future.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I've got P3D.  Meh.  I got so tired of flying a bus and missing Falcon BMS and LOMAC that I bought the DCS A-10C.  Can you say 140+ FPS without stutter, terrain and cloud shadows (not as good as P3D), dynamic wx, etc.  Study-quality sim, flight dynamics feel better than either FSX or P3D.  And there's nothing like the feeling of schwacking enemy armor with an AGM-65D from 5 miles out in bad wx.

I had to go back and study TACAN, radio navigation, and stick - rudder - ball flying.  Loving it.  Low, slow in the weeds.  The greatest challenge is to throw out some AAA threats and some armor, and use terrain-masking to pop up, make the shot, and disappear behind the ridge leaving the SAMs wondering what the heck just happened - until the Maverick hits.

Granted, the AOR is small and for long trips you need to hang two or three bags on the jet or hit the tanker.  Tanker is pretty darn cool.  I'd like to see the Longbow or Hind D as a new project.

Kattz out.

I dont even notice that watermark just brought and installed superbly smooth and stable so far, i havent added anything yet so it may change lol

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

TBH PMDG is by far the best aircraft add-ons on the open market. In terms of accuracy etc and models.

Aerosoft makes a fantastic Airbus, and Level D is a classic, but nobody touches PMDG and it is a real shame that they can't hop on the future (P3D).

Theo Tsirpas

SkyGreece Virtual: http://skygreeceva.com

Realworld: Air Canada (CYYZ)

how is the frames when flying through thick clouds, as we all know flying through layers of clouds brought FSX to its knees, any improvement here?

TBH PMDG is by far the best aircraft add-ons on the open market. In terms of accuracy etc and models.

Aerosoft makes a fantastic Airbus, and Level D is a classic, but nobody touches PMDG and it is a real shame that they can't hop on the future (P3D).

Yes, they make the best airliners. The point is that flight simulation isn't all about airliners.

I have both the 737 and 777, but there are a number of aircraft available that are at least equal, perhaps better.  Many of them are also not the aeronautical equivalent of driving a city bus, and require more knowledge than running an FMS to fly.  That's not to say that's how all PMDG pilots fly, but it's how many of the phanbois do, and it's frustrating when they ask when things like the VRS Superbug will be made more realistic (i.e. have a Honeywell FMS installed in it).  The world of aviation is so much bigger than that; many pilots consider airline flying to be the absolute worst of it.

:lol:  Again assuming everyone enjoys piloting tubes, without a single reference to GA aircraft. I own 71 payware addon aircraft, and not a single airliner. In fact, only 1 of the 71 has a jet propulsion engine.

PMDG has literally nothing to offer me, other than an outdated B1900.

But hey, I'm certainly glad tubers have an accurate model that suits their simulation needs. It just doesn't suit me, personally. It doesn't matter how perfect the model and systems are in a PMDG addon... I would loathe flying it.

Please understand, I am not judging anyone's simulation habits. Everyone has unique taste when it comes to ... well, just about everything in life. But in my opinion, flying a modern airliner, especially as a simulation, is completely devoid of passion, romance and sense of adventure. 

I'm sorry Why buy good scenery be it photographic p3d or what ever and then fly at 20000 ft in a tube You might as well just fly default

I'm sorry Why buy good scenery be it photographic p3d or what ever and then fly at 20000 ft in a tube You might as well just fly default

because when you are descending from 10,000 feet you can see some spectacular scenery from around that level to touchdown, just like the real thing.