Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

Do you use Active Sky Next?

Hi, I have Active Sky Evolution now. I just got the 777 the other day. Love it! Would like to get the weather radar working and I read that I need Active Sky Next to do it. How well does it work with the 777? I can upgrade ASE to Next for $29.99 or should I get the 777-300? FSX runs very well on my system.

Thanks,

Greg

ASN is a huge step forward from ASE - it will boost your airliner flying as much as your GA flying. (Or even more your turboprop flying - the JS4100 pretty much flies through the weather all the time!)

The -300 is still very much a B777 - system-wise.

I myself leap-frogged from ASE to ASN and haven't regretted that.

I will join with the others - its fantastic and works really well with the T7. I have not had much time to fiddle around with the weather radar, but the first impression is great and you can find few videos presenting the WX. At least Kyle Rodgers and Froogle has made a video out of it.

Happy flying!

Cheers

I bought ASN about 3 weeks ago... I wish I bought it 5 years ago :P Works amazing, really adds to the flight simming experience. 

As I say to everyone, download the demo and try for yourself. If you like it, excellent, upgrade, if not, simply uninstall. No harm no foul. It's one of those things you have to test on your computer as well to see if it can handle it.  

Happy Flying

Corey Andrews
Proud owner of the PMDG 777 

ASN changes the weather in fsx in a huge way. It now feels like you are flying through an active, realistic and always changing atmosphere. A real upgrade from any other weather program available before it.

The demo sold me after only 2-3 hours of use.  You have 7 days - try it!  It's amazing to the point where I can't fly without it.  Especially at that price, you won't regret it.

SP1 is coming very soon with lots of new features.

sig01.png

I don't think I've ever seen so many unanimous opinions on an avsim forum! I'll add my voice to everyone so far -- if you can only buy one of the two products, then I would recommend ASNext. I have been a REX user, and still use their textures, but the ability to use a fully-functioning radar was just too much for me to ignore. (The 737NG from another company :wink: actually used it first, so I get to enjoy the radar in two different aircraft. I'm surprised more aircraft developers aren't adding the ability to their products. It would breath some new life into older models.) ASNext is relatively expensive, but it enhances your flying experience so much. Without it, you're not using the -200LR and -200F to their fullest. At some point, you will want to buy the 777-300ER. It is different enough to almost qualify as a new product. But that can wait until you've flown the -200LR and -200F models so many times that you're becoming bored, although that's pretty hard to imagine.

It's simply one of those "must have" add-ons. I have wasted lots of money on half baked add-ons over the years... ASNext made me forget about them all.

I will also not buy another add-on unless there's a free trial... with the exception of PMDG. They're exempt from this law. Bad things will happen if you don't buy their add-ons.  :P

I use PMDG 777-200LR /777-300, ASNext and REX 4 DIrect and cloud texture, thunder, sky color are so real and enjoyable

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Yes, it's amazing ;) don't use any other weather/texture addons anymore ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020