Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Gtx 460 with addons getting low fps at fsdt airports

I currently have a i7 930 not overclocked. A gtx 460 1gb card. And 6 gb of ddr3 ram

I am getting some really low fps with fsdt lax. I am guessing my video card could finally get an upgrade.

Looking at eaither the 760 or 770. Would ya go with the 2 gb or 4gb card? Or does it even matter since my CPU isn't overclocked? I am pretty nervous about Overclocking.

Thanks

I currently have a i7 930 not overclocked. A gtx 460 1gb card. And 6 gb of ddr3 ram

I am getting some really low fps with fsdt lax. I am guessing my video card could finally get an upgrade.

Looking at eaither the 760 or 770. Would ya go with the 2 gb or 4gb card? Or does it even matter since my CPU isn't overclocked? I am pretty nervous about Overclocking.

Thanks

Unless you are going 4K or triple plus monitors 2GB is plenty.

Just going from a 1GB card to 2GB should help a lot even for a single screen.

You might have to overclock the CPU to really get the best out of a new 760/770 though.

Is this for FSX?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I run a 2600k @ 4.3GHz and a GTX580 Classified, getting 20-25FPS really smooth with the PMDG 777 at both FSDT airports I own (YVR-JFK).  You might be reaching your system's limits.

Try turning down your settings.  Some good tweaking helps.  Also, dig into NI settings.  Lots of trial and error, took me months to finally have a great working system.

sig01.png

"I am getting some really low fps with fsdt lax. I am guessing my video card could finally get an upgrade."

No, that card is a gem, you should overclock the CPU.

FYI I run a 460GTX at 825/2050 and i7 2700K at 4.2 - perfect balance. Been off the upgrade "hoopla" for a long while!

Well,  I kept my GTX460 for a while after upgrading my CPU to a 4770K@4.0 - but finally spent the money and

got a GTX770 (2 GB).

Everything is much smoother now - definitely worth the upgrade..

Bert