Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Post a P3D night 2.3 screenshot please

Honestly XP10 does a much better job at night than FSX/P3D.  Though with the right settings either FSX or P3D with Orbx lights can look pretty good.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Works for me... but it is dropbox and I have that on my PC - maybe that's why?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I changed it to Photobucket on my previous post. Should be ok now.

Thanks for the feedback Rich and Ryan.

I will stop using DropBox.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I changed it to Photobucket on my previous post. Should be ok now.

Thanks for the feedback Rich and Ryan.

I will stop using DropBox.

Hi Vaughan use:   tinypic.com       all others s%$k - I do not see your night shot see description but no pic

Rich Sennett

Rich,

tinypic.com    ... ok, I will try it.

My last post #15 .. I can see it ok .. maybe you have to press F5 to refresh your AVSIM browser page?

Best Regards,

tinypic.com    :good:  this is what all the big boys use  lol

Rich Sennett

Departing LHDT night P3Dv2.3 HDR ON

LHDTnight-P3Dv23_zps3bd8616b.jpg

Best Regards,

Departing LHDT night P3Dv2.3 HDR ON

LHDTnight-P3Dv23_zps3bd8616b.jpg

Thanks a lot - looks good just tough to tell with small images - night shots  are so tough - I remember some time back  I think it was Jim (Firehawk) he gave me a sweetfx profile for night and man it was amazing - its like a bright night hard to explain but I am going to put this on my to do list play with night textures as I am not going to use sweetfx

Rich Sennett

Maybe a short video would be better at a specific location, time and altitude ... with coastline  e.g..

Edit : I am a beginner at videos but I could give it a good try.

Best Regards,

"...I am going to put this on my to do list play with night textures as I am not going to use sweetfx"

Richard, have you tried tweaking the gputerrain fx file, as was mentioned by Rob A in the Beta 2 testing thread? I will give it a try later, soon as my pc finishes a much needed backup.

post #441 Thread: P3D v2.3 Beta 2 Testing.

"What I'm talking about is in one of the shader files GPUTerrain.fx."

Regards, Jazz

Maybe a short video would be better at a specific location, time and altitude ... with coastline  e.g..

Edit : I am a beginner at videos but I could give it a good try.

Richard, have you tried tweaking the gputerrain fx file, as was mentioned by Rob A in the Beta 2 testing thread? I will give it a try later, soon as my pc finishes a much needed backup.

post #441 Thread: P3D v2.3 Beta 2 Testing.

"What I'm talking about is in one of the shader files GPUTerrain.fx."

Regards, Jazz

Thanks Guys - yes tweak did nothing no change - no biggie I will figure it out - what I am looking for might be a bit off from reality but like I said i had a sweetfx profile at night that was awesome it was a bright night which allowed me to enjoy my terrain.

Rich Sennett

I said i had a sweetfx profile at night that was awesome

hmmm ... are you sure Sweetfx is GONE and/or it didn't create some registry entries that feed the nVidia drivers?  Considering Sweetfx sets HDR it seems too much of a coincidence to me ... in fact, digging a little deeper and it would appear there is some common thread for the "very dark" problem ... and that common thread is Sweetfx was used at some point in time.

Here is a quick video I made including some "night" ... comparing AFRFriendly (SLI) with none SLI -- the night looks very dark when running SLI (read not realistic).  Video also shows the "eye adjustment" affect in action. 

Why I bring this up is because the AFRFriendly (SLI) process seems to duplicate the "very dark" night that Rich sees.  LM have indicated that HDR is problematic when using the AFRFriendly SLI process.

Cheers, Rob.