Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Update Question - Joystick PTT

Hello,

I installed the new 1.4 program (full install)

After install, my PTT switch does not work. Also, I cannot get it to assign in the setup tools screen. All other joystick controls work fine.

The PTT on the screen works from my mouse but the one on my joystick (Saitek X52 key #1 was assigned) does not work anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Sagel

Hi Ron,

I wonder if it reverted back to its function with your simulator?  What sim are you running? I had to tell my sim (xplane)  to do Nothing from that key and told P2ATC to use that numbered button from my yoke. Saitek here also but the proflight yoke system.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Hi Ron,

What happens when you try and assign it in the configuration screen?  Does the yoke show up in the list?  If so, what happens when you push the PTT button on that screen?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello

The dropdown box has all of my hardware in it

Selection of any of the items in the dropdown does not seem to "attach" to that item

Selection of the Joystick in the dropdown does not allow the depression of the button to be entered into the field below the dropdown by depressing the button

The PTT button on my screen does work correctly

This function did work in the previous version

Changing to another sim (FSX, FS9 or XPLANE 10) has no affect on the problem.

The PTT on the screen works OK  - just as before the 1.4 update

Thanks in advance

Ron Sagel

Ron,

I think I found the issue and the Upgrade on the Download page has it.  Download and install the 1.4.0.1 upgrade and let me know if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

The problem has been fixed by the latest update.

Thank you for the great support!

Cheers,

Ron Sagel

Thanks  Ron that fixed an annoying joystick assignment problem I was having too

As is well now

I'm also experiencing the same problem mapping the Btn #0 to perform the PTT function in Pilot2ATC. I'm using a Saitek Proflight yoke system and can see it listed as "Flight Yoke System" in the Pilot2ATC pull-down menu located within Config. I can even get the #0 yoke button to register in the Pilot2ATC application but even after depressing the "set" button, the PTT operation fails to work. Moreover, I've also tried mapping keyboard keys to the PTT function and although they register, none serve to perform the PTT function. Can anyone help and advise please? Many thanks. 

I am using a Saitek pro yoke and no problems with the PTT button.  I seem to recall that I had to make sure this button is no assigned in X plane anywhere.  X plane and Pilot2ATC do not know anything about each other.  In X plane I think it should be set to Do nothing.

Same thing for any other keys or buttons that you would like to use.

Thank you for your reply JeB1952. I have the same yoke button set to do nothing in X Plane too. The strange thing is though that although Pilot2ATC recognises the yoke button (and indeed any other button/key press) in the Config page, the application doesn't then perform the PTT function using the assigned button/key. Even though I have the enabled box ticked too. So the problem appears to reside with Pilot2ATC and not X Plane. So at the moment, the only way I can PTT is by using the mouse to click and hold the PTT screen key. I am at a loss to know what else to try. Thanks again.

JeB1952... just to let you know... I managed to get the PTT function working using the Saitek yoke button #1 by updating Pilot2ATC from V2.3 to V2.4.0.3_x64.

40 minutes ago, ttpad said:

JeB1952... just to let you know... I managed to get the PTT function working using the Saitek yoke button #1 by updating Pilot2ATC from V2.3 to V2.4.0.3_x64.

I am glad to hear this.  I hope you have updated to R3 of 2403 via update as there are some very annoying problems connecting to sim using SIM weather in Pilot2atc.

I use button 2 as I am left handed.

Happy flying

Has this issue been resolved?  I also am not able to have the joystick button "stick" in the settings.  It recognizes the click when the 'Joystick Button Set' window is open.  Then when Set is selected the window closes and the 'Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke'  is displayed next to PTT Joystick in the P2A Configuration window.  If the Joystick Button Set window is now reopened, the Joystick field is blank.  Shouldn't the joystick previously selected still be shown there?  So anyway when config is closed and the Gramr Help opened the joystick button will not respond but only selecting PTT as someone else mentioned.

I'm running version 2.3.0.1 and was going to try the new 2.4.0.4 to see if that fixes it, but 'Your file was not found' is displayed when clicking the download link.

You must have caught it just as it was being added to the website.  I just attempted to download full and update and the save as dialogue came up so I think just give it another try.