Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

How to delete FSX default Aircraft

Within my FSX sim objects I have many aircraft that I never use.

Can someone let me know how to delete these aircraft from FSX.

I apologise if the answer is obvious.

Michael

Michael Broom

If they are third party add ons then I'm sure they come with an uninstaller that will remove all files connected to their product. To delete them you will have to browse to your Control Panel - Add or Remove programs and uninstall them from there.

If you want to remove the default aircraft that come pre-installed with FSX, then I suggest you create a new folder in SimObjects with any title - I have 'Default Aircraft' - and move all your default aircraft that you don't plan on using in there. That way they won't clutter your aircraft selection screen in FSX.

There are reasons that you should not delete default aircraft.  Many freeware addon

aircraft alias panels and sounds from the planes.  Some of the default aircraft

are used as AI in the Missions.If you don't have any addon AI aircraft packages,

then you will loose those in your free flights.And as mentioned, create a

"Hangar folder" inside of the main FSX folder to store any default or 3rd party

aircraft you don't want displayed.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I agree, a lot of default aircraft are actually used for things like AI and so forth. A far better way of doing things, IMO, is to 'switch off' the aircraft you don't want. Simply go into the aircraft you wish to disable in the aircraft folder, found in simobjects folder and rename the panel folder to panel_off. It's that simple! :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Surely that won't work if the panel is being aliased. I go into the fsx.cfg delete all the repaints except fltsim.0 and preface that with //

To remove stock aircraft from FSX but not delete.

If you change the name of the Panel folder of the aircraft you want to remove to something like PanelX it then will not show up.

If you want to bring it back simply change the name back.

... I think i got that right, if that doesnt work change the name of the panel cfg (panelX.cfg) or something simular.

WARNING ... If you delete the microlite panel wont see any aircraft in the Free Flight window when you load the sim. This does not matter or does it stop you loading another aircraft, as soon as you select one it shows up in the viewing window.

Ive removed most of my default aircraft this way. Gauges shouldnt be a prob as there in the Gauges folder.

This process will work on any aircraft as long as there is a panel accociated with it.

Hope this helps

Rich

Surely that won't work if the panel is being aliased. I go into the fsx.cfg delete all the repaints except fltsim.0 and preface that with //

Whatever works William, certainly my description works well for me...

wkns.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hello Michael,

I always rename the aircraft.cfg to aircraft_cfg and then mark the folder of that default plane as a hidden one. This last action "hides" the plane also in Windows Explorer.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

On 8/14/2014 at 5:57 PM, krazyk said:

If they are third party add ons then I'm sure they come with an uninstaller that will remove all files connected to their product. To delete them you will have to browse to your Control Panel - Add or Remove programs and uninstall them from there.

If you want to remove the default aircraft that come pre-installed with FSX, then I suggest you create a new folder in SimObjects with any title - I have 'Default Aircraft' - and move all your default aircraft that you don't plan on using in there. That way they won't clutter your aircraft selection screen in FSX.

I never got my hands on the fsx folder, anyway if you can tell me, where do you check if there are all the planes of the game

hi

@alessio777,

Welcome to AvSim. This topic is 8 years old. Please do not post on very old topics.

Just run the Repair option in FSX or alternatively reinstall. Default aircraft take up a tiny amount of space. Just leave them alone.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you simply dont want them showing on your splash screen, try editing aircraft .cfg/ panel= to NO. All available but wont be seen on aircraft select screen

• Upvote 1