Sign in to follow this  
bellcrank

PMDG 777 SP1B update nightmare

Just made the mistake of updating SP1 to SP1B it wiped out everthing but the guts of the cocpkit in the any exterior view.  Help would be appreciated.

Are you using Ezdok? That can cause things like that. Try re-running the Ezdok set up tool.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I just did a system restore, I am back to running with with the earlier sb1 update which was fine, I think I will forgo the SP1b for now.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I am using Ezdok, if I feel adventuresome I may try the update again and try running the ezdok setup again if it reoccurs.

Thanks again

Yes, I am using Ezdok, if I feel adventuresome I may try the update again and try running the ezdok setup again if it reoccurs.

From what I understand, you're forgoing the update because of an issue EZDok is causing.

The solution to the EZDok-caused problem is to re-run the setup tool.  This will fix the issue, and allow you to take advantage of the SP1b build.

Kyle Rodgers

Not totaly sure it is an Ezdok issue, I have had problems in the past  updating from the PMDG operations center which is what I did this time rather than going to their web site. I will look again at the update changes and see if it is worth trying again.

thanks.

Not totaly sure it is an Ezdok issue, I have had problems in the past  updating from the PMDG operations center which is what I did this time rather than going to their web site. I will look again at the update changes and see if it is worth trying again.

thanks.

Even though it's only a partial update there's a lot there worth having. Especially if you like to fly hands on. The only thing you can update from the OC are liveries. I don't see how a livery problem could leave you with no external model.

I too had problems with the OC for SP1b. The installation overwrites aircraft.cfg and you lose the livery entries. The OC didn't do what it was supposed to do and restore the backups it makes. But it's easy enough to restore livery information to aircraft.cfg. SP1b is well worth the effort.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Lol the problem is definitely ezdok. When you do the update a new aircraft.cfg is created which doesn't have the ezdok camera views. That's why you get a skeleton plane if you change to an outside ezdok view. Running the ezdok config will put those views back. This will happen for all new planes you install and don't run the ezdok config before starting fsx

Pierre W

Thanks for the help tried the update again, reset ezdok and reloded liveries and everything is working fine.

Thanks you all

Hi all,

I recall having issues with the PMDG operations Centre and updates. I read a post on here somewhere that the issues were caused by your internet security program, in my case Norton. So I now turn it off if there is any update to do and everything works fine now. 

The comment about your 777 liveries disappearing after an update happened to me, but if you read the forum, there is a comment there that you only need to close the Operations Centre and then restart it. When it restarts it recognises your downloaded liveries and asks if you want to repair the liveries. You will then find them all back again without having to mess with files or cfg files.

Happy Flying all.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.