Sign in to follow this  
Guest bgenesis

Two Questions

Guest bgenesis

1. How do I change the settings so that I start with my engines off?2. How do I set up the plane to refuel so that the litle refuelling/food trucks appear? I want to take a screenshot for my VA site to show one of our planes at a gate getting refuelled, etc.Thanks.

Guest RonB49

1. Shut down your engines, turn off the avionics switch and the battery switch, then save the "Flight" (press the ; key). Each time that you select that flight, it will reload with everything off.2. I don't have an answer. Those vehicles must be part of the scenery. If you turn up the "Scenery complexity" slider, you will see some trucks at the detailed default airports but they are scattered randomly.R-

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. I think Jon Murchisons Metroliner has trucks which appear by the plane.

Guest bgenesis

Thanks, that helped, but is there a way to set it so that I don't have to keep reusing a saved flight? (Because that means I can't change aircraft, right?)

Guest RonB49

>Thanks, that helped, but is there a way to set it so that I>don't have to keep reusing a saved flight? (Because that means>I can't change aircraft, right?)Not at all. You can still select another airplane and the newly selected one will load with all systems set to off. There is one potential problem; if your default plane's paenl has a switch (such as the Batt switch on the 172) and the newly selected plane does not feature that switch (such as the B737-400), then you are not able turn turn on that switch except with a keystroke and not all switches have an associated keyboard alternative. R-

Guest bgenesis

OK, thanks... all I really wanted to do myself was the engines, thanks a lot!

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. If you changed the plane and still hoped to have the trucks I don't think that would work as the little drivers would know you'd swapped the Metroliner for a Cessna and they'd go back to the canteen. And they would be muttering to each other as they did-"yeah,didya see the cheek o' that guy? Wantin' 10 bucks worth a gas to go cross country"" yeah, Wally, you're always right,man, 10 bucks, what a skinflint, righht. Hey, who's buying the mitiburgers today, you or me,man?""You"" Yeah,oookaay,but din't I get 'em yestiday? Oh Heck, thass ok."

Guest bgenesis

>Hi there. If you changed the plane and still hoped to have>the trucks I don't think that would work as the little drivers>would know you'd swapped the Metroliner for a Cessna and>they'd go back to the canteen. And they would be muttering to>each other as they did-"yeah,didya see the cheek o' that guy?>Wantin' 10 bucks worth a gas to go cross country">" yeah, Wally, you're always right,man, 10 bucks, what a>skinflint, righht. Hey, who's buying the mitiburgers today,>you or me,man?">"You">" Yeah,oookaay,but din't I get 'em yestiday? Oh Heck, thass>ok."Haha. Well, I can't get them to come out in the first place, maybe they're on strike, either that or they should get sacked.