Sign in to follow this  
johnman

Nervous Trim Wheel

Hello Forum,

Running Fsx/P3d in Windows 7/64 - and I am expreiancing a bit of agrivation - I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer - even it looks to be a common problem ??

When I set the auto trim to true - in any plane - the vertical trim wheel and the trim tab get very nervous - just flipping up and down ?? - when autotrim is set to false things smoth out and act normal .

un fortunatly I enjoy flying with auto trim on - saves a lot of aggrevation - chasing the aircraft all around - constantly trimming - would really appreciate an answer to this !!

Thanks in advance

Johnman

Oops,

I might Add that I am setting the Auto Trim ( True/False ) in the FSX/P3d ( *.cfg ) Configuration File.

Am I the only Simmer that this Bothers ??

Johnman

Hello MrA,

Auto Rudder is an optional setting in the running Program - Auto Trim is a permanent setting located in the FSX/P3d Configuration file - C:\Users\user name\App Data\Roaming\Microsoft Games or Lockheed Martin\FSX or P3d\ FSX.cfg - or P3d.cfg File - Under the [REALISM] heading

Check it out - See if You can make Your Trim Wheel and Elevator Tab Twitch !!

Try flying the airplane with it on - sort of like a Flint Stone auto pilot !! Really makes trimming the airplane up EASY ! More time to look for Burma Shave signs !!

Having FUN Flying B) :lol: :rolleyes:

Johnman

Not sure we understand what Auto trim is? Do you mean Autopilot Altitude Hold?

Hey VeryBumpy,

Actually - in a way it is - or it has basically the same effect - its a way to do that - even if Your Aircraft does NOT have an autopilot. - with auto trim on - You can hold your aircraft steady for a second or two - no waffeling around - and it will lock You in at that altitude and heading - hands off .

It actually works great - except for that nervous thing !

Try it out - Have FUN Flying !!

Johnman