Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

CARENADO NEW PROJECT : S550 CITATION II FSX/P3D

I hate glass. I just hope they take the time to finish this one unlike the Seneca V

Have to agree, here. The integration of modern functions has it's upside, of course, but I still like the charm of the old-school gauges, especially for GA aircrafts.

Personally, I would rather see a Grumman Goose from Carenado than a Citation... ;)

Cheers!

Maarten

Reading about the S550 conversion seems like the panel and even performance will be open to interpretation . . .

This is very true. One actually needs the aircraft serial number to correctly identify the panel/cockpit configuration. Just using S550 II is not sufficient to determine if it is in the first half or the later half of production and they are quite different panels.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

If it's anything like their last few releases it'll be half baked with recycled sounds/textures/avionics from other aircraft. It'll be eye candy and not a lot more.

You get what you pay for I guess.

Many of the photos and panel shots returned from a typical search are not the basic early days S550 II, many are of the later model SII, usually called the Super II. I do not think this is what Carenado is building, but who knows.

The Bravo model was created as part of Cessna'a ongoing upgrades and was a big step forward at the time. There are still a lot of Citation Bravos flying around. The Bravo had one of the first true panel improvements and was really neat in its day. This was before 'Glass' was common in non-airliner type planes.

Here are some panel images that I grabbed this morning of various stages of development of the model S550 II. Like I said, I have no ideas where the Carenado design will land. My guess is the Carenado edition will look at lot like the first image below. The 3rd image is a Bravo and it is not in the running AFAIK.

Regards,

Ray

earlyS550IIpanel_zps643eb9a5.jpg

S550SIIpanel_zps1576a277.jpg

S550Bravopanel-sn0840_zpsf465e61a.jpg

S550IIuptosn626_zps3bcb58b1.jpg

S550IIsn627andup_zpsddbb51f1.jpg

If it's anything like their last few releases it'll be half baked with recycled sounds/textures/avionics from other aircraft. It'll be eye candy and not a lot more.

You get what you pay for I guess.

man I hope so, would hate for them to stop with their fantastic modeling and texture work.

I also would love as little glass as possible.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Give me analog gauges with a 430 in it, and I would be the happiest camper. 

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

Ok so lets get 1 thing straight about the Citation II....

NO GLASS COCKPIT, I have only seen a few 3rd party modern upgrades that are provided at owners additional expense, that being said the chance of this aircraft having a glass cockpit is pretty slim, expect possibly a GNS530 at most and a semi-glass EFIS (default/RXP for those who own the RXP530).

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Ok so lets get 1 thing straight about the Citation II....

NO GLASS COCKPIT, I have only seen a few 3rd party modern upgrades that are provided at owners additional expense, that being said the chance of this aircraft having a glass cockpit is pretty slim, expect possibly a GNS530 at most and a semi-glass EFIS (default/RXP for those who own the RXP530).

This may only apply to the Carenado Citation II. Eaglesoftdg announced around the first of the year that they would be building an early model Citation also. I believe that one in going to be a Model 551 which is specific enough to guess it will not have any glass either.

I expect the Carenado edition to be completed in a matter of months if they stick to their historical blitzing production pace. My guess is that we won't see the ESDG 551 until sometime next year.

Mileage of guesses vary with the caffeine.

Regards,

Ray

Give me analog gauges with a 430 in it, and I would be the happiest camper.

These particular Citations even predates the GPS430. Most had the basic GPS400 if any at all so you might end up being an elated camper.

Regards,

Ray

The closest thing to an FMS that ever touched the insides of a C550 was a Honeywell GNS XLS which I believe is at least 10 years old in technology. I know of no other FMS installations for this aircraft.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

"I know of no other FMS installations for this aircraft."

Nor do we. One should not expect an FMS in such a vintage aircraft...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I wrote with them and they said it'll have a fms.. Maybe a basic one like in a 737-200 or something, or the Bae 146

Which the Citation 550 never had.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69