Sign in to follow this  
cat

Strange Problem

I hope you can help with this strange problem:

I’ve never had this happen, since I started in 1996.

I only use heavies in FSX, with SP2.. When I begin takeoff roll, I pull the stick back

at 145kts, but the nose-wheel refuses to lift, until well down the runway

at about 200kts, often well past runway end.

After that, everything goes perfectly, nose slowly lifts & gets away

perfectly, with good frame rates from busy airports and photoreal scenery

Joystick works well. Fuel levels make no difference. I use max traffic UT2,

autogen set low, Nvidia GTX 470,

257.21 drivers 1280 mb video ram

8gig ram DX11

I do a cold start with Win7 i7, have tried lowering settings, no wind,

no clouds, have had no addons, no CTDs - makes no difference!

I had a brief cure by doing a cold start, with no other programs running,

but that now make no difference.

Hope someone can offer a solution for me! Thx!

Peter Sydney Australia Heavies & PIC 737

Well, just about everything you have mentioned except for fuel levels really has no bearing on your failure to lift off at Vr.  The things I would look at are pitch settings, flaps settings, where is the center of gravity, is the aircraft heavier than MTOW, are the engines developing full power?  It would be helpful to know which particular plane you are having problems with.

Well, just about everything you have mentioned except for fuel levels really has no bearing on your failure to lift off at Vr.  The things I would look at are pitch settings, flaps settings, where is the center of gravity, is the aircraft heavier than MTOW, are the engines developing full power?  It would be helpful to know which particular plane you are having problems with.

No, all the pitch & flap settings are good! No take-off weight problem. All heavies like boeing 737 & 747 doing exactly the same thing! Instruments indicate full-power!

As I said I've flown these with this problem for many years! Thx for your help!

Peter  Sydney   Australia.

Typical flightsim problem, probably no-one in the world can solve it. Got to be my unique FSX problem! Thx again for your kind help!

No, all the pitch & flap settings are good! No take-off weight problem. All heavies like boeing 737 & 747 doing exactly the same thing! Instruments indicate full-power!

As I said I've flown these with this problem for many years! Thx for your help!

Peter  Sydney   Australia.

Typical flightsim problem, probably no-one in the world can solve it. Got to be my unique FSX problem! Thx again for your kind help!

I think I may have solved the problem. Logitech joystick seemed working well. But I tried the keyboard numkey 2 & the heavy lifted off immediately. Perhaps the joystick has a fault!

Peter  Sydney  Australia

I think I may have solved the problem. Logitech joystick seemed working well. But I tried the keyboard numkey 2 & the heavy lifted off immediately. Perhaps the joystick has a fault!

It may be that your joystick is not reaching the full extent in its axes, since your keyboard is responding well.   Go into your joystick calibration setting and see whether it registers movement fully to all four points.   As well, try this test take off:  go to 16R at YSSY with a MTOW of 740,000 lbs.   Set your take off trim to 8 units, flaps to 20 deg, and thrust to 92% N1 and let us know how it goes.   These settings are for the default B744.

Chris

Not only calibrate in Windows, but make sure the settings for null zone are correct in FSX/Controls and the axis are set right.

Not only calibrate in Windows, but make sure the settings for null zone are correct in FSX/Controls and the axis are set right.

Thx for your kind help! All's well!

Peter   Sydney  Australia