Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Switching panel-state problem

Hi,

In the NGX i can have default cold and dark on startup and then sometimes when needed switch to one of the PMDG panel states (short,long etc.)

This cannot be done on my system with the T7 (default panel state testet). I get a lot of errors in the aircraft when doing this on top of the cold and dark.

Any ideers ? Right now i have to first startup FSX and the T7 and then erase the "load on startup panel" and restart FSX again.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Any ideers ? Right now i have to first startup FSX and the T7 and then erase the "load on startup panel" and restart FSX again.

Did you delete all panel states prior to installing SP1?  If not, this will cause problems.

Kyle Rodgers

I did not delete the panel States before installing SP1. How do I recover?

Thanks

Chris Stanley VTCC

This cannot be done on my system with the T7 (default panel state testet). I get a lot of errors in the aircraft when doing this on top of the cold and dark.

Hi, Michael,

In addition to Kyle's question (delete pre-SP1 panel states), what error messages are you seeing?  Loading one of the turnaround states will produce many EICAS warning messages that clear as you go through the startup procedures. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks but i did reinstall the SP1b and deleted all old panel state files prior doing this ,and still i get all these warnings when using the cold and dark as "startup default" and then loading the PMDG default on top of it

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

still i get all these warnings when using the cold and dark as "startup default" and then loading the PMDG default on top of it

Hi, Michael,

What warning messages are you seeing?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Michael,

What warning messages are you seeing?

Mike

About every warning in the plane. The engines is also not running. I believe they should be up and running with the default state.

The horn is constantly sound and after the 20 sec of init i still see alot of errors on the EICAS.

There is no problem using the default "as" on the go and having the startup scenarie blank

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

About every warning in the plane. The engines is also not running. I believe they should be up and running with the default state.

The horn is constantly sound and after the 20 sec of init i still see alot of errors on the EICAS.

Hi, Michael,

I followed your steps.  I think there is something odd about the 777 default panel state (BTW I checked that I have the most recent one, dated 7-18-2014).  It comes up with engines off, APU off and no external power connected.  I certainly do get a warning horn, apparently due to lack of power to the stabilizer, and a bunch of EICAS messages.  The Introductory Manual says (P. 73) this state is engines on but that is not what I am seeing (after starting with the PMDG C & D state as default startup).

I did find a fix:  Open CDU 3, click and hold on the Menu button until the CDU lights up.  Go to FS Actions, then Ground Connections, then set the blocks and connect all the ground services.  Finally, go to the overhead panel.  Ground electrical power should be available.  Click both switches on.  You will then have some EICAS messages but I assume they will clear as you start the engines and prep the flight.  The %#$@$ horn should stop and the Stabilizer warning go out.  BTW the engine fuel switches are already on -- suggesting this is supposed to be an engines on state.  But the switches need to be turned off, then on again after engine start switches are set. 

I haven't tried the PMDG default state before, and mainly use as default a state w/ ground connections and engines, APU & ADIRU off.  I made this from the PMDG C & D state.  Maybe this is a bug in PMDG default that only happens when you go from PMDG C & D to PMDG default. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

OK, I did a little more experimenting.  The 777 Default state works OK if it is set as the startup state, but not if I switch to it from the C & D.  Trying other states after starting with 777 C & D followed by loading 777 Default creates the warning horn problem which is hard to eliminate by loading yet another panel state.  I would have thought that any panel state would simply wipe out whatever state existed previously.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

My workaround is to select the default state again after it failed to load properly. Works every time, although this might not exactly be the way it's meant to be...

LABOX4.jpg

Thanks

Seems like there is something wrong going from cold and dark at "load at startup" 

Thanks

I will leave it blank for now

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Hi, everyone,

I filed a ticket w/ PMDG.  They report that going from an engine-off to an engine-on panel state has known issues, specifically that the engines do not spool up fast enough during the initialization.  They recommend going only from engine-on to engine-off panel states. 

But perhaps Arne's workaround is a good one for the PMDG default panel state.

My workaround is to select the default state again after it failed to load properly. Works every time, although this might not exactly be the way it's meant to be...

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2