Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Can't Land Properly Post SP1-SP1b

Thanks. I did delete my ini file and let it regenerate.  I will try it again and see if that helps. I understand that it is not PMDG recommended but the software that came with the Warthog  has its own issues which is why I am using FSUIPC in the first place. Maybe if any other warthog users read this they could chime in. I really appreciate the help. I will try your suggestions. I can always put the ini back in later. 

777simmer is a snake oil salesman who just repeats some new claim he thinks, it changes each day.

You don't have to delete your fsuipc.ini file. You can change the calibration settings just for the PMDG 777, remove all the programmed axis for it and keep them for your other airplanes.

777simmer is a snake oil salesman who just repeats some new claim he thinks, it changes each day.

This comment is highly inappropriate.  You owe 777simmer an apology.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

This comment is highly inappropriate.  You owe 777simmer an apology.

Mike

Thx Mike but dont worry about it. It is the third time on AVSIM he sais that (and some other stuff that he has omitted this time).There was another guy under allmost the same name, at another Forum who does the same thing.

Not sure what I have done to deserve a stalker, lol

But I think people here are smart enough to realize that my posts are all just from experience. And as allways....what worked for one person with FSX might not work for the next.

Rob Robson

There was another guy under allmost the same name, at another Forum who does the same thing.

Yea hard to tell if one person just use  a similar name or  close to it, guess that's why is best to put your full name  to your signature will avoid all this issue.  To the person your referring to here in this post has at least got his name  to his signature even though its in small print :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I like to hand fly it as well, if the auto land doesn't work well either, I would uninstall everything, and then re-install.

Reinstalling everything is never good advice. Reinstall the 777 only if necessary as a last resort.

I can't flare after 20ft the plane drops out of the sky at 50. And this is different to the issue when mesh is st to high and the aircraft just hits the ground early. The plane stalls but I am above stall speed. Thanks for your help, y'all :BigGrin:

It may be above the PFD stall speed but not the actual stall speed. It certainly sounds like you are stalling. Are the weights correct in the FMC?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Well I haven't been able to respond because last night I had my anniversary dinner. I have tried a number of different options but what seems to be working the best is to map the throttles through FSUIPC and enable the yoke through FSX and not FSUIPC or Target software. So far this is working and it enables me to have separate throttles. I have completed a couple of buttery smooth landings. I am really thankful for all the advice.  :Praying:  :Applause: So thanks guys. Hopefully this continues to work. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I tried that too.

The problem I kept having with that is, that FSX keeps assigning the standard aileron, elevator and rudder to what ever it considers the apropriate axis for those.

So I would delete those assignments in FSX and reasign things to my liking only too find out a couple of days later that FSX had changed things once again to default :-(

If you end up having that problem as well......I found the solution for that in using FSUIPC for assignment of the axis and then sent the signal directly to FSX.

(so no calibration in FSUIPC).

As I understand it, using FSUIPC for axis assignment and then using "send direct to FSX" is basically the same as using FSX to assign an axis and then send the signal to FSX.

But you have the benefit that in FSUIPC your axis actually stay assigned as they should.

To use FSUIPC like that you have to use "axis elevator set" or "axis rudder set" or "axis aileron set" and put a checkmark in "send direct to FS".

(Mind the word "AXIS"..... this is important, as there is also an "elevator set" and "rudder set" and "aileron set" assignment (without the word AXIS) when you put the tickmark in the wrong box (the send to FSUIPC for calibration box)).

Anyway....if things stay as they are.....don't touch it again :-) :-)

Rob Robson

Do you set your approach speed to Vref+5? Vref is calculated by the FMC using zero fuel weight plus fuel on board and air data from aircraft sensors. If the T7 maintains Vref+ ire shouldn't stall unless you're outside the attitude envelope! somewhere above 5-7 degrees.

Have you tried an ILS approach, hands off? If a full auto land approach with centerline rollout works you can probably rule out the software and concentrate on you joystick. I also pass my Saitek yoke and throttle axes through FSUICP via direct connections with good results. Have you looked at your dead zones and axis response curves? Any trouble with other PMDG aircraft? How far out do you set your final flaps and landing gear? I try to have the aircraft in final configuration at least three miles from the end of the runway. Also do you have any ground effect at idle and flare, say at 20 ft AGL?

I tried that too.

The problem I kept having with that is, that FSX keeps assigning the standard aileron, elevator and rudder to what ever it considers the apropriate axis for those.

So I would delete those assignments in FSX and reasign things to my liking only too find out a couple of days later that FSX had changed things once again to default :-(

If you end up having that problem as well......I found the solution for that in using FSUIPC for assignment of the axis and then sent the signal directly to FSX.

(so no calibration in FSUIPC).

As I understand it, using FSUIPC for axis assignment and then using "send direct to FSX" is basically the same as using FSX to assign an axis and then send the signal to FSX.

But you have the benefit that in FSUIPC your axis actually stay assigned as they should.

To use FSUIPC like that you have to use "axis elevator set" or "axis rudder set" or "axis aileron set" and put a checkmark in "send direct to FS".

(Mind the word "AXIS"..... this is important, as there is also an "elevator set" and "rudder set" and "aileron set" assignment (without the word AXIS) when you put the tickmark in the wrong box (the send to FSUIPC for calibration box)).

Anyway....if things stay as they are.....don't touch it again :-) :-)

Thanks Rob, and yes this is how I had them set up before when I was having the issue. I will try agian. It seems you are right FSX has a mind of its own and as of this writing I am having the exact issue you describe. I am going to try again. 

Do you set your approach speed to Vref+5? Vref is calculated by the FMC using zero fuel weight plus fuel on board and air data from aircraft sensors. If the T7 maintains Vref+ ire shouldn't stall unless you're outside the attitude envelope! somewhere above 5-7 degrees.

Have you tried an ILS approach, hands off? If a full auto land approach with centerline rollout works you can probably rule out the software and concentrate on you joystick. I also pass my Saitek yoke and throttle axes through FSUICP via direct connections with good results. Have you looked at your dead zones and axis response curves? Any trouble with other PMDG aircraft? How far out do you set your final flaps and landing gear? I try to have the aircraft in final configuration at least three miles from the end of the runway. Also do you have any ground effect at idle and flare, say at 20 ft AGL?

Yes my approach speed is set to Vref+5 and after messing around I can confirm it is my controller setup. I have no issues with any other aircraft only the T7. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg