Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

P3D Advice please

You (OP) and I have almost the exact same system. You actually have 8GB more memory than I do. Something is definitely wrong for you to be getting those kind of results. Maybe if you posted a screen shot of what you're seeing, it might give us a better idea of what is going on.

NAX669.png

Agree i have similar system and i am hitting 60 + fps and smooth as silk with the default planes on default graphic settings love it, i do find hard to read instruments unless zoom in a little and cockpit too dark, using windows 8.1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I strongly recommend you install p3d on its own drive... What ever size you have today, you can swap it out tomorrow.

Sorry to ask, what is the ideal SSD drive size to use just for p3d?

Thanks,

Steve

I would go 1 tb but surely 500 gig would do

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Sorry to ask, what is the ideal SSD drive size to use just for p3d?

Thanks,

Steve

The prices of SSD's is dropping by the day.  If you are serious about P3D and plan on lots of scenery, mesh, airplanes etc. I would strongly recommend a 1tb SSD. 

One problem that arises is backing up your installation since the drive being backed up to needs to be pretty large also.  I personally have four 1tb HDD'S in my tower case that I backup to from the 1tb SSD.  Amazon has 1tb Western Digital HDD's for down around $60.00 usd.  Backups with a good backup program such as Acronis and others are a wise investment.

If you have or plan to use a large selection of orbx scenery and Pilot mesh, you will exceed 200gigs rather quickly.  But the best thing is you can always by a larger  one as the costs come down.

Yes a lot to do but I really need to get the basic right before even attempting add anything.

How many monitors and what resolution are you running?  Also please list the graphics settings (5 pages).

Sounds like you are running at a resolution that is not native to your monitor and you may also be running FXAA which would make it worse.

When you installed P3D V2.3, did you have 20 GB free before running the installer?

Also, run Windows Performance index and report back those values.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

First off thanks to all for their help much appreciated.

Rob these are the current setting FXAA is on I will switch this off

MSAA 2 samples,Anisotropic at. 16, texture at 1024 x 1024

Resolution is 1920x1080x32

Black out desktop ticked,auto fill main view ticked

Vsync tried on and off still tears but off at this time, triple buffering not ticked

Fps set at 30

Wide view aspect not ticked cockpit was to far away, mip map tran ticked

Hardware tessellation not ticked

Monitor is LG native 1920 x 1080 @ 60 hz

Not sure if this helps but thank you in advance, due to a family commitment I am out until later today gmt time so cannot try anything until later.

Cheers

Mark

Rob stop press,

I have at this time with settings given started to achieve 30 fps this is with FSXX on ! This is in the A2 default everything.

I did put in AF 14 to the cfg? Is this correct do I need it and do I need anything else in there.

I feel at least this is going my way I do have Orbx global but not install yet plus the Axe and opus and a must is UT 2 but cannot think of installing anything. Until this is stable.

Anyway to improve the AA

Lastly mI have a saitek cyborg wireless joystick but that just will not work even with calibration...

Some progress!

Thanks

Hardware tessellation not ticked

I would turn this ON, otherwise the CPU is going to be doing more work.

I did put in AF 14 to the cfg?

Remove any AF settings, v2.3 works best without Affinity settings.

Anyway to improve the AA

Yes, but don't go there until you have better performance.  FXAA On and MSAA 4X is the best compromise.

You will need to list out your other settings (cloud shadows, cloud draw distance, other shadows, shadow maps, water, etc.) similar to what I have here: http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.php ... I'd start with the lower quality settings and more up from that.

Cheers, Rob.

I would buy a 3tb hard drive and off load as much as you can onto that. the 500g SSD would be good for P3D and ORBX

Im 1.5 tb into a 3tb HD and that will fill completely too

ZORAN

And now just had a runtime error R 6025 virtual function call..

And there was I thinking all was well!

And there was I thinking all was well!

It seems like this error has creeped back into v2.3 of P3D.  Several people over on the LM forum are reporting they have encountered it so it is not just you.  Keep going, you will get it.  It seems like you are making progress.

What changed?  Did you install any 3rd party Aircraft that uses RAAS?

Hi Rob,

No nothing has been installed just came out of the blue.

Not sure what is causing this? Also need to sort out why my saitek cyborg evo is not working correctly...

I will when back in front of my pc send the shadow settings...many thanks for your time here much appreciated!

Cheers

Mark

Hi Rob,

Lighting setting lens flare on HDR off landing lights off shadow quality medium enable terrain to rec shadows on 40k cloud shadows on 40k object shadows on 6k

Internal vehicle cast and rec same with external

Scenery LOD Ultra,mesh comp Ultra, mesh res 5m,texture res 60cm land detail tex on

Objects comp dense,AG veg sparse AG building off..do not like

Water and BAL medium, reflections clouds, user vehicles

Special effects med, and med

No traffic prefer UT2 but not installed

Weather

Volumetric fog on cloud draw 80ml thermal vis off, cloud cover med

Hope this is of some assistance

Thanks

Mark

Did you install any 3rd party Aircraft that uses RAAS?

It just reappeared for me also. I installed the Aerosoft Bus with RAAS. It only happens if I crash an aircraft so it's not a deal stopper for me. I've never had it show up at any other time.

NAX669.png