Sign in to follow this  
Purr

PFC Throttle Quadrant not working in P3d v2.3

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is all going to be fixed by an eventual update to FSUIPC but I did a full uninstall of 2.2 (including deleting Rob's recommended folders to wipe) and a clean install of 2.3

I have installed FSUIPC 4934h

So far, everything is working great, including my PFC Cirrus Beech Yoke, which is recognized by both P3D in the controls and also in FSUIPC, but the throttle quadrant, although also listed in the Controls menu, shows to response when I try to assign, say, an engine to one of the throttles. 

I have tried the usual unplug / plug back in via usb, and win7 finds the driver and installs successfully. When I try to calibrate it via windows or p3d, no reaction showing.

I am sure that the unit is working fine because in the PFC calibration tool, it works fine (and it worked flawlessly in 2.2). 

The Controls.dll listing from P3D which--I think--is showing everything correctly and no double entries on any of the controllers. In other words, the yoke, pedals, and quadrant are all listed separately and in the same format.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Can't help on the PFC throttles but my PFC Cirrus Beech yolk and GA Rudder Pedals are working faultlessly - I am using FSUIPC 4934f.

But I have on order the PFC vernier controls which use the same base unit so will be interested to find out what the problem is that you are having in case I suffer the same. If my new units arrive before this is solved I will update with any issues I am having - or not as the case may be..

Hope you get a fix soon

Cheers

Peter

My PFC throttle quadrant is working fine with 2.3 and FSUIPC.  But I'm using 4934f as well.  It could be there's a difference between f and h.  But if it's not showing up in Windows calibration either, that might suggest an OS issue.  What version of Windows are you using?  Within FSUIPC, does it show up on the controller list in the fsuipc.ini?  Just a couple of things to think about - not sure if they're on target or not.  

After completing a full re-install of P3D 2.3, I too was having issues, but I simply copied the data from an old P3D DLL.xml for both my Elite and PFC quadrants, and all work as is expected.  I did use the EMT to install the drivers since I don't have a P3D driver for Elite or PFC.  I am however using FSUIPC version 4.935a

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated. 

I'm using Win 7 and have tried fsuipc f and h versions that were referred to above--and yes, it was indeed showing in the fsuipc.ini along with the yoke and my ch pedals, so all looked normal there.

I'm thinking that there is a problem in how windows is recognizing the quadrant. It shows up as a game controller but then to calibrate it, it asks me to "move the controller in circles and press a button"--so it thinks it's a joystick or gamepad. If I just click "next", it moves on to sliders, but there is no response to any movement of the throttles or buttons, so it can never be calibrated. 

In contrast, the pedals and the yoke are all fine.

Weird! Have tried unplugging and plugging them back in, but to no avail. 

Here are a few screenshots of menus...stumped on all this.

Thanks for chiming in, there must be a fix to this somewhere...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/te9dqniy7nu0dgh/Menu.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwv5uvhqp0boq9i/Menu3.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqw2t61einsng92/Menu2.JPG

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I am not sure if I have misunderstood here or not, but to use FSUIPC I thought you had to disable controllers in P3D? Mine only work with FSUIPC when the P3D enable controllers field is un-ticked and FSUIPC is set to link directly to P3D.

I just checked mine and the Windows calibration wizard does pick up the throttle levers.  It reads the rudder trim wheel as the joystick x axis, but doesn't register a joystick y axis.  The levers are read as sliders.

I do what CaptCWGAllen does - I disable controllers in P3D and do the calibration in FSUIPC (registered version).  So it might be there's a conflict between FSUIPC and the P3D controller settings.  But that wouldn't explain why Windows isn't reading the throttle levers.  I hate to say it, but I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with the throttle quadrant or the way it's communicating with Windows.

Does the throttle quad work for you in FSX or X-Plane?  

You might want to see if other programs recognize it.  If not, it might be time for a support call to PFC.

Sorry I can't come up with anything better.  Maybe others can.

I am not sure if I have misunderstood here or not, but to use FSUIPC I thought you had to disable controllers in P3D? Mine only work with FSUIPC when the P3D enable controllers field is un-ticked and FSUIPC is set to link directly to P3D.

That might be a PFC requirement but in general that is not correct.

Certainly helps with avoiding conflicts though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You might want to see if other programs recognize it.  If not, it might be time for a support call to PFC.

Yes, thanks Alan--I will check in other programs, but for sure the PFC diagnostic software indicates everything is fine--so I'm sure that the quadrant is functioning, that's the weird thing. And it worked perfectly well in my 2.2 setup. No problem or need to calibrate anything for the yoke or ch pedals either--plug and play.

I have tried both enabled and disabled. Again, the yoke shows up and so do the pedals in FSUIPC but nothing with the quadrant either way. Thanks for this idea too!

If not, it might be time for a support call to PFC.

Yeah, it just feels like there is some small thing amiss here. I may need to see if they can do a remote setup or poke around. ARg, want to be out there enjoying 2.3!  Thanks for everyone's help so far, I welcome any other ideas--especially anything pertaining to the windows 7 calibration side of things.

Alex

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Well the question for you is are your TQs serial or USB, mine are serial and do not show up in Windows, and have to be manipulated via the PFC utility to ensure that I have the correct COM port assigned.  Once this is complete, I can then use FSUIPC if I chose to for FSX, but for P3D v2 I have used FSUIPC as I am able to create and save multiple aircraft configurations since I am using the 4 jet engine quad.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks Simeon and everyone for your help--I got it sorted!

I called PFC and they showed me the one part I missed--in the PFC utility for configuration, I needed to select "joystick" for the throttle quadrant. It defaults to "USB device" which I thought was correct since it is usb and not serial and I thought it wasn't really a joystick--but that one selection change fixed it!

Alex

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Alex, I am having the exact same problem you had with the PFC throttle quadrant, can you tell me how you got it fixed, where is the PFC utility configuration?

Thanks, Frank