Sign in to follow this  
mozart

Suddenly in flight, no more ATC

I've had this on all my recent flights: ATC works normally for clearance, taxiing, during departure, handover to the centre, but then some moment during climb or cruise ATC "disappears". The ATC window only gives the choice of "Airports in proximity", but my own flight's following by ATC has been lost. I tried re-loading the flightplan into FSX but that still won't make a difference. Only once on the ground do I get the possibility to select ground control frequency, and all is back to normal again.

What to do?

If you selected and are following an IFR flight plan, then ATC will direct you to the next radio frequency and they will also do this if you are VFR and request "flight following". 

If you are just flying VFR, once you are airborne and out of the departure airport's control area, ATC will announce that "you are leaving their airspace, frequency change approved" and you are on your own to tune your radio frequency.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I've found every once in a while the default ATC will just stop working or go haywire for some reason. it's rare but it does happen and once it does you can't get it working again for that flight.

I've found every once in a while the default ATC will just stop working or go haywire for some reason. it's rare but it does happen and once it does you can't get it working again for that flight.

Precisely that is the problem that I have. ATC just disappears in the middle of the flight. Never the ground, tower, or departure controller, always the centre. And for me, it happens on *every* flight.

Any way to address that issue?

As I have seen no answers, I think this problem is still not solved. I am just flying from Frankfurt (EDDF) to New Doha (OTHH) and close before reaching TOC, ATC diappeared. I still can hear ATC, but I cannot choose any items in the ATC window menu, they are all gone.

If anyone reads this topic and knows a solution, is welcomed to reply. And.. yes.. this happens very rarely, but it does happen once in a while.

Achim

As I have seen no answers, I think this problem is still not solved. I am just flying from Frankfurt (EDDF) to New Doha (OTHH) and close before reaching TOC, ATC diappeared. I still can hear ATC, but I cannot choose any items in the ATC window menu, they are all gone.

If anyone reads this topic and knows a solution, is welcomed to reply. And.. yes.. this happens very rarely, but it does happen once in a while.

Achim

Hi Achim. I too have just only developed this problem after years of playing flight sim games and my developed just after i installed traffic 360 and did a defrag. I hope this helps narrow the the true cause of this issue.

I used to see this on the boxed version all the time. I have not seen it on the Steam version yet.

When it happens again, open the radio stack by pressing <shift>-2. Change the comm1 standby radio frequency to a random number and use the switch button to make the random channel active. At that point, you should get a option in the ATC menu to tune back to the correct frequency. You should be able to answer the messages again. I have no idea what used to cause this, but it has not come back under Steam.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440