Sign in to follow this  
Selcuk73

Faster HDR tweak

This sounds like an excellent tip.  I will give it a try later on.  As P3D continues to increase its user base, more people will contribute with items like this.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I still don't get the "delete your shaders" part - which files do I delete?

It could have been write a lot better but hey

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Great!! Thanks a lot!!!

You shoul try values between 1.0 and 4.0

Decimal places make all the difference!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What a coincidence! Yesterday I posted on the LM forum if there was a way to tweak the HDR settings, mainly the darkening effect and the transition time, which is way too slow by default! So thanks for this!

((Dutch)Geen dank hoor!/No thanks!)

There is no coincidence!

I read your complain about HDR and back in my time in FSX i tried alot altering HLSL files.

Outstanding contribution. I used 4.0f myself and am extremely pleased with the quickness of the transition.

Would the OP please copy/paste his post in the "P3D Tips and Tricks" forum where I can then lock it for posterity?

I made a better tutorial in the Avsim P3D tips and tricks forum.

And this so that a beginner can make this tweak.

Sorry guys for the confusion i made before for you.

Moderator would you want to remove the old one on that forum for me? 

Can someone break the 4 entries down and provide a definition. I think with HDR on,  the bloom, especially in well lit areas i.e. KSEA main concourse, the lights are blinding. 

Can any of these entries adjust the level of the bloom, or do these just provide the time element mentioned in the beginning pages?

Bob

Well, I gave the tweak a try and you made my day!!! What an improvement! I never really used HDR up to now but with 2.3 and this tweak (I use a setting of 4.0) it's almost perfect! This feels a lot more realistic: the panel itself is clear and bright enough within a second when I look down at it and when I look up again to the sky I get a very short blindening effect. Very smooth and very realistic! In fact, I don't even feel the need to tweak the darkening effect anymore now! This really made a HUGE difference! Amazing how important such a little tweak can be!

Thanks for this great tip!!!

Outstanding contribution. I used 4.0f myself and am extremely pleased with the quickness of the transition.

Would the OP please copy/paste his post in the "P3D Tips and Tricks" forum where I can then lock it for posterity?

Hi Guys:

Exactly what line did you change to 4.0 and did you change any of the other lines posted - a better description of what happens by changing each of those line seems to be in order - thanks for the tweak - not tried yet waiting on more info

Rich Sennett

That third one - the one with Time Delta in it.... I made it 4.0f

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

great Ryan - thank you much

Rich Sennett

OK, I was looking at the names of these entries and thought maybe you could control other aspects. I guess not.

Bob

To the original poster - thank you - cant put my finger on it but sim looks even better - for some reason HDR has no effect on my FPS - actually FPS are better very cool - again LM has ton a terrific job

Rich Sennett

4th one,

No wonder people get confused

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

((Dutch)Geen dank hoor!/No thanks!)

There is no coincidence!

I read your complain about HDR and back in my time in FSX i tried alot altering HLSL files.

Ah, then I am glad I posted that complaint! ^_^

Once the file is changed to 4,0 and saved and all the shader files deleted do we then add a check mark for HDR? Anything else to do here?

How about a concise summary of other display settings that you are using? I am still seeking a sharper looking VC panel. Mine still needs better (higher) texture resolution and is too dark.

Thanks to all the post contributors, especially J van E, Ryan and Selcuk73 the OP.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Bah whatever....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |