Sign in to follow this  
timers15

DF 727 - Kudos

Guest dakotafan

Hi All, I have been on the fence about purchasing theDreamfleet 727...primarily, decent frame rates.After much reading in the forums, I decided totake the plunge.:-jumpy :-jumpy WOW :-jumpy I started at Seattle-Tacoma Int'l. and hadframe rates (2D-Panel) of 18. Very smoothtexture loads. Here's a huge "attaboy" to all at Dreamfleet.My flightsim money does not come easily soI am very careful what and who I buy from.This is the fourth Dreamfleet product I havepurchased. Keep up the good work. Well gotta go fly my 727 to somewhere. Bye, DaveAMD Athlon XP 2800I gig PC2700 RAMATI 9700 Pro Video Card

Guest Akflyin

I Agree completely.Just finished up my maiden flight with SB3 in the DF 727 from San Francisco to Seattle and all I can say is that even on a 1.8 gig machine, she flew like a "dream" with a flyable framerate with Activesky and being online as well.Looking forward to the 737-200 from the "Dreamteam" :0)fly safeDave

This is one of my favorite planes. Definitely my favorite for airliner no glass flying. I highly recommend it to all.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, Paul may not comment on the comparison between the CS and the DF727 but I sure will. (like you thoght I woudn't)When the CS 727 came out, it was a love/hate relationship. I say that because the aircraft had so many neat features, but it just wasn't right! We suffered through many updates, combinations, revamps and private mods, to make it a fairly flyable offering -- but in all it STILL WASN'T RIGHT. Give credit where credit was due, the eye candy was great, and some features were pretty cool, but this was back in FS2002 days and for today, the CS model just doesn't cut the mustard.Now, for the DF727, I'll just say this. I've had more than my share of real world hours in the 'real thing', and the DF flies just 'spot on' and is about as good as anything gets for FS at this time. The eye candy is great, it has working Reality XP weather radar, and all the systems are modeled correctly. To use an old phrase, "It just doesn't get any better than this!"If you are wanting a 727 which does the job right, looks right and fies right, the DF727 is the only way to go. And forget that I was on the beta team . . . if it didn't do it all correctly, I would say so, beta tester or not . . .I just callem' as I see'm. No sugar coating, no BS.Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest diajohn2

I own all of the "big jet" add-ons introduced in the last year or so. Each one is a winner. The Dreamfleet 727 is a special category of an aircraft which requires a fair bit of work to fly but is such a pleasure to get it right.No FMC to program and no standard auto-throttle (although it is there). What a lot of fun.Right now I am trying a new release of freeware from a large name in the business. It is also a jet (or bus as the case may be). It is good but nothing is in the class of the DreamFleet 727.

Guest vas_yan

To B52Drv: Considering your real life experience, can you comment on the Fuel Flow on approach? I have read various pieces which suggest that you need 3000 or a little bit more on approach and that will most of the time get you roughly around the correct approach speed. I generally go flaps 25 with wheels down when I capture the glideslope, to help the plane slow down, and I find that I always have to pull the throttle all the way down to avoid gaining speed. Last 2 miles need approximately 2000 to 2500 FF to get me to 135 knots, plus I have to play with the throttles constantly to avoid grave fluctuations. It is not by any measure unflyable...I just wonder if that's how it is in real life.Thanks in advance,

Guest vas_yan

Hey Paul, I knew that!!!I said I go to flaps 25 as I commence my descend on the glideslope, not that Flaps25 is my landing setting...Anyway, you say i should pull the throttles all the way back and when my speed reaches Vapp I push the throttles for 3000 and everything is ok? Also, should I be fully established when I capture glideslope?Regards,

I wouldn't try flying anywhere near the ground at idle power in a 727. As for being established (as in gear, flap and power) before the glideslope, I guess that'd depend on your height at intercept. I'd tend to use power as required and jus remember the quick setting once established on the glideslope and configured to land (gear down and flaps 30) is power at FFPH 3,000.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest vas_yan

Ok, thanks a lot.BTW, great customer service and great plane!