Sign in to follow this  
DecryptedZ

FSX - 64bit Conversion Tool - BETA

How much of a performance improvement can be expected from the enabling of multiple cores? I have a 3.7 GHz CPU and get around 50-70 FPS currently, so I'm just wondering how significantly this helps? Some comparisons/numbers would be nice to see.

I don't know what sorcery this is, I have a 4.3GHz CPU and the PMDG 777 runs 15-30fps.

sig01.png

That's not very helpful then....  FSX needs to be free of the 4GB virtual address space limit...  causing OOM's etc.  I've got no idea about virtual 64bit vs native 64bit but maybe your work could solve the OOM issue.

It does fix OOM errors.

I would warn everyone to maintain a healthy level of skepticism about this.  The numbers provided don't make much sense to me on performance improvements.  I've done hack jobs before in such a way to make 32bit applications allow more than 4gb of physical memory but there is an interfacing memory management layer that really kills the performance of memory data transfer since you are now introducing a middle man into the equation of data transfer between FSX and the memory.  

It would be best to await actual data and performance reports before just blindly diving in.  

EDIT:  I can't say for sure if this will solve the OOM issues but...maybe?  Performance issues, I can't think of how in anyway possible it improves speed.

Yes you are correct, just modifying the resources is going to cause errors and other types of problems. The program is doing more than just editing it. I encourage anybody who wants to wait until performance specs are released, that's fine. I do not encourage people to blindly jump into things.

Tomorrow it will undergo intensive testing, to ensure product quality is at its highest.

The interface is also scheduled to be re-done in the future.

- Darek, Flightreal simulations

The best way to allay peoples suspicions would probably be to give preview samples to some respected sites for review........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wait, this is foolish. If this app is real deal, and if you want good feedback from the community, you MUST release this alpha as a time limited DEMO. Simple logic. Active Sky NEXT has that politic, try it for 7 days, and then cry for more, lol.

Simply, if you want to achieve a huge success with this app, first rule is to open the gates for thousands of alpha/beta testers! And you are not doing it by SELLING the product in alpha stage, you've lost with that politic already 50% of potential testers/buyers.

So, make the alpha, beta, and final version a TIME LIMITED DEMO/TRIAL, and we have maybe a winner.

I don't wanna pay even 5 bucks for something that I really don't have a clue if it's legit. And we all know pretty good for bunch of games that developers neglected even in the alpha stage, duo to bankrupcy, family issues or something else, with money in their pockets.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I don't wanna pay even 5 bucks for something that I really don't have a clue if it's legit.

I saw on their link that the price is $12.99 - I'm thinking of giving it a try - I paid 5 times this amount for another FSX product (ATC replacement) that wasn't ready for prime-time nor ware there further upgrades.

EDIT

What the heck! I went ahead and purchased it - I'll keep you all informed how things go in the next day or so.

I saw on their link that the price is $12.99 - I'm thinking of giving it a try - I paid 5 times this amount for another FSX product (ATC replacement) that wasn't ready for prime-time nor ware there further upgrades.

Yes the price is pretty good, for a legit final version of the program.

After hyped A380 scam, I'm highly sensitive to "pay now - get full version later (probably)" politic.

And after so many threads about 64bit FSX, and even a thread how one member wanted to start cracking the FSX code to upgrade it to 64bit, and at the end the conclusion is always the same - it's impossible, at least without licence and source files.

After all these threads, we are now looking at another thread, with developer claiming that the miracle is upon us. It's not easy to believe just like that, or is it? :huh:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I read a topic few weeks ago from a new poster in Europe who was claiming to work on a new simulator, and Tom commented before banning him that this same poster always comes up and makes claims. I have a feeling this is the same person. Beware.

Now, now...let this topic develop. This could be the holy grail, or the biggest load we've seen in awhile.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

As previously suggested, either provide a few copies for the reviewers at some of the respected FS sites to test and report on, or release a time limited demo.  Everyone wants this to be legitimate, but I'm thinking there's going to be far too much skepticism for you to acquire much in the way of funding through pre-release purchasing at this point. 

If it was a demo, and it worked successfully for me, I (and many more I'd wager) would pay even more than your current asking price...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Man, I know you guys want a fix for this but seriously, it sounds like so easy to convince most of you that I'm not surprised that flight sims attract so much scamming.  Seriously, wait for data or a free demo before even considering hitting that buy button.  You also don't know who you are sharing your personal data with since this isn't being done over one of the standard flight sim stores (flightsimstore, pcaviator, fs pilot shop, etc...)