Sign in to follow this  
marvelphx

Starting my home 737-800NG cockpit

Hello all!

I have been a member here for a while, but mostly reading and learning. I got the itch to get back into flight simulation last year, but have been non-stop since. Last month, I decided I was going to go full-size and attempt to build my own 737-800NG cockpit. I have a little history in website building to lean on, so I created my own blog/review site to track my progress if anyone is interested.

I look forward to all comments, suggestions, and thoughts!

http://www.my737ng.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cool, Make sure you research your options for the heart (Cockpit Software) and the future.

Thanks! I've been doing a ton of research on the avionic/flight software and, right now, it is ProSim or SimAvionics. I've seen pros and cons to both, but hardware compatibility and support seems to be the biggest factor.

Truth be told, hardware compatibility is a non-issue as FSUIPC is the standard for all three of the major ones. IFLY Pro, PROSIM737, and SIMAVIONICS. The major hardware cockpit vendors provide support/interfaces for all. I have PROSIM and IFLY Pro, only the GA for Project Magenta and they have their pros and cons like you said. 

I did end up going with ProSim737 and have been quite busy posting articles up on the site. I just added my JetMax and CPFlight pedestal pages if you are interested!