Sign in to follow this  
b777flyerlover

Configuring Saiktek Quadrant using FSUIPC

Hey guys,

So I own FSUIPC and have recently purchased saitak's Cessna pro set and I am loving the latter.

My issue is that i want my two levers to act as throttle levers for the PMDG 777 AND 737ngx and the last level will act as flaps lever and also the bottom switches to act as fuel cutoff switches on the said addons.

Is that even possible ? if so, how can this be accomplished ?

Please help :)

Kindest regards,

Paul.

Hello Paul,

Yes it is possible to configure as you wish. FSUIPC is a very fine program but you don't really need it for the job. This is the good old fashoned way :

Start FSX and then : FSX\Settings\Controls\Controller type\Saitek Pro Flight Cessna yoke or throttles\Control Axis\Change Assignment and follow instructions on screen.

Succes,

Ben

So I managed to setup the levers and the flaps, but I have no idea how to configure the knobs for fuel cutoff and fuel start

please help me do it with FSUIPC..

as a reminder, this is the quadrant i've got http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/quad.html and I have the two most left black knobs to act as the fuel levers in the PMDG 777 AND 737NGX...

so if i push them up, fuel will start flowing, and if i push down, fuel will cutout..

please help me out guys..

Thanks in advance.

Hello Paul,

The levers and flaps etc. will once configurated in FSX work in all FSX aircraft, repaints included.

I can not help you with the use of FSUIPC because in my opinion it was not easy to manage.

In FSX\Settings you can also assign knobs etc. but PMDG and also A2A are not easy to work with .This means: try and error. In the contrary, RealAir works flawless with every USB-driven piece of hardware. You can do a lot more in FSUIPC; look at www.simsamurai.net  in 'FSUIPC - Quick start tutorial' - this can perhaps help you.

Cheers,

Ben

Regarding configuring in FSX settings vs FSUIPC in my opinion FSUIPC is definitely the route to go! One feature alone is enough to warrant this, being able to assign different profiles to different airplanes which is simply impossible with the FSX settings. I have two quadrants so when I chose the 747 I automatically have speedbrake, four throttles and flap lever mapped to the axis and when I switch to the 777 I have speedbrake, two throttles, two reverse thrust and flaps assigned. My main annoyance with this set up is getting all the FSX buttons and axis unmapped! I delete them and then they magically return for no reason, so I have to repeat the deleting process for ages until I finally get rid of them!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

So I managed to setup the levers and the flaps, but I have no idea how to configure the knobs for fuel cutoff and fuel start

please help me do it with FSUIPC..

fsuipc user guide axis assignment page 44 ...!!!

for now, cheers

john martin