Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

On / off switch

Hi Chris,

You once talked about a switch to turn all packages of NE off for daytime flying with on click and the same to turn them on foe nighttime flying.

Already I made a batch file to turn the current packages on or off but with each new package I manually have to make 2 new scenery.cfg files.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi Gerard

the feature i was talking about is something I’m fairly new to

there's not much information out there; but i do know it’s doable and how to do it

i just haven’t found the time to develop this new feature hands on just yet

Ok...

Then I will continue like it is working now : just by the click of the batch file.

6 ft wide ...

NE.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Ok...

Then I will continue like it is working now : just by the click of the batch file.

6 ft wide ...

NE.jpg

Wow great pic, I agree an off switch would be a great Idea if one could be made...

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

it can be done; i just need to spend the time to put all the pieces together

i have them already; but it will take me some time to get there

it will get done, eventually

(before anyone asks; yes everyone will get updated in time)

This evening I will post a Readme on how to make a batchfile for use with NE here.

Interesting, will NE use VAS and impact performance during daytime?

And, what is trigging the "activation"? Is is the sunset/dawn transitions in FSX that controls when one see NE or not?

Thanks,

23.png

NE lights are fantasic 3D lights . However they can use a lot of memory and make the framerate drop.

Also during daytime as the packages still ar set to ON.

What I did ? I made 2 scenery.cfg files : the first with NE light set to ON and the other with NE set to OFF. Simply said : checked or unchecked in the scenery library.  

And whith 2 batch files I can choose which one FSX will be using when booting.

The following is for W7 64 bit, but for W8 64 bit it will work the same. 

• Go to  C;\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX  and create 2 new folders. One called Daytime flying and the other Nighttime flying
  • Fire up FSX. Go into the Scenery Library and make sure all NE entries that you want are checked.
  • Copy this scenery.cfg file into the Nighttime Flying folder
  • Now go back into the Scenery Library again and uncheck all checked NE lights.
  • Copy this scenery.cfg file into the Daytime folder.
  • Now it's time to make the batch files. Open NotePad and write :

@echo off

copy Scenery.CFG C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

del C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes\*.*/q

• Save this file as a txt file in the Nighttime folder. Rename it as Nighttime flying.bat ( it was .txt ). Make a shortcut to your Desktop.
  • Copy it also to the Daytime folder. Rename it to Daytime flying.bat and make a shortcut to your Desktop.

Now you have 2 batchfiles on your desktop. 

Rename Shortcut Nighttime flying.bat to Nighttime flying.

Rename Shortcut Daytime flying.bat to Daytime flying.

Now you have 2 situations to choose from according to Daytime flying and Nighttime flying.

Good luck !

Btw 1 : I did the same for my fsx.cfg files. One for Daytime flying with water set to 2x low. The other to Nighttime/Cloudy flying with water set to 1x low.  

Btw 2 : I did the same with SweetFX. One preset made for Sunny weather ( the terrain looks like the sun is shining  ) and the other for Cloudy/Night ( no sun  )

So a total of 6 (batch)files to choose from...

TY Gerard

@Morten
you will need anywhere from 150-400mb available VAS to run NE between levels 1-3 (3 is max)
the usage will vary on the grid your flying over

the lights aren’t visible during day time!
they become visible from dusk to about 8am when they start to lose visibility;
but will remain loaded; the on/off switch is for day time or any other usage
is a feature I’m looking to implementing in the near future
once that’s implemented; the lights will be unloaded automatically during daytime
you won’t need to manually turn them off at day time

Thanks Chris, I get it, I find that level 1 is a ok trade-off for my mediocre rig and as I have no big issues with VAS over UK, even with all UK2000 airports, I've left everything on. Might just use SceneryConfig Editor to disable in the future when I'm sure to arrive in UK in daylight though.

And, thanks for a well done product mate, the evening flights are much more enjoyable now :)

Cheers,

23.png

Thank you Morten; I’m always glad to hear our customers are happy;
little comments like that makes all the hard frustrating hours’ worth while :drinks:

Chris,

I have recently bought NE UK and Germany and I am very impressed with the way they have transformed the night scenery and the intention is to add also other areas where I fly frequently. I am having some FPS hit with Level 3 but Level 2 is OK and it is more than enough to enjoy a great visual.

I have UTX Europe installed, with their Night Lighting disabled as I use FTXG lights (via the freeware tool than can make the FTXG lights to be used with UTX)....but I have a question: If I understand well the way NE is designed, it does not add lights to existing roads placed by other addons, but rather redraws all the roads and apply lighting to them. If I am wrong forgive me and discard my question, but if I am right, do the FTXG night lights interfere with NE, or does NE exclude FTXG lights and there is only one "lighting system" on during the night ? In other words should I deselect "Vector Lights" in the FTX panel ?

Thanks

Regards 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Hi Jackson, thank you for you kind words and your support

you are not wrong with your assumption; we do not rely on any third party add-on to create our lighting system

we draw them all from scratch including out night textures

we do exclude any third party lighting system that exists over an active Night Environment region

this allows you to have our Advance Night Lighting System alongside other product; for regions we currently don’t have coverage for

generally speaking; once a regional base folder is turned on, it contains a specific exclude for all third party lighting system our Night Environment is now covering

it was recently pointed out to me that there might be a small leak with the ftxg lighting system;

from our extensive tests so far; we couldn’t eliminate s small number of them yet; in fact even ftxg internal switch doesn’t turn these lights completely off as intended

Chris,

thank you for your quick answer..

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR