Sign in to follow this  
Maxloading

Step climb Bug?

HI,

Here is what I noticed when I did some tests.I have the SP1b upgrade.

I just wanted to check the fuel consumption, so I took the route KEWR to VHHH from the forum with a full load.I was using the 300ER.

I came back later on to check and I noticed:insufficient Fuel.Strange because all the calculations were all right at the beginning.

I saw then the a/c was at FL280 instead of FL340.Maybe I did not set up the step climb properly.

The next day I decided to do the same FP with the 200 instead.I double check the option for the auto cruise,ON and 4X max.

I came back and with luck the step climb was just 32nm away.I watched it decrease normaly and at 2 nm from it the FMC stopped decreasing.

For a moment I thought FSX was frozen but I then noticed the ND was not updating either.Very strange because the scenery was still moving at 4X.

I then changed the FL to 340 and clicked the button.10 seconds after the a/c started to climb and a few moments later the FMC and the ND went back to normal...

I was flying off line and the WX was MS default of 270/25 at altitude.I have windows 7.

Apart from that everything is working fine and  I am more than satisfied with the a/c.

AlainV

The next day I decided to do the same FP with the 200 instead.I double check the option for the auto cruise,ON and 4X max.

AUTO CRUISE is only half of it.  You also need AUTO STEP CLIMB enabled.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your reply,but  I am sure I had auto step climb on.However I will give it another try and I will see what happens.

AlainV

Thanks for your reply,but  I am sure I had auto step climb on.However I will give it another try and I will see what happens.

Let us know.  Without it on, it won't really do what you're expecting.

Kyle Rodgers

OK,

I tried a different route and it worked.What I think I did was to put the last level FL360 instead of the first level FL280.

Thanks for the help anyway.

AlainV