Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

PrecipitFX

I have bought the product, I know I don't post a whole lot on avsim, but yes the rain textures do change and there is jet blast on the ground from AI aircraft on the ground if the runway is wet, even from AI aircraft, the rain doesn't look like it's passing your windows at light speed when your climbing out through it either, as for the contrails, each engine gives it's own contrail effect and it doesn't go to a 2d cloud after a few hundred feet behind your turbofan aircraft, there's also smoke that will come off your tires if you use your brakes too much, and the vortices look nice off the wings if the atmosphere conditions are right

Shane

Do you have screenshots form the Effects on AI aircrafts??

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I'm wary of a product when their own website is full of spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. Plus, they've disallowed comments on their YT videos. Me thinks they don't like open and unmoderated discussions.

Aw, c'mon - give the guys a break! Canadian based? Could it just be a second language issue?

Seems a bit harsh of people to pile in and criticise the company based on their grammar. Software companies who are not MS, Apple, IBM etc tend to be MUCH smaller than you might think - sometimes not much more than a couple of developers whose skills you'd want to be in writing good code rather than good copy. 

Given the apparent IQ of the average YouTube comment generator (how many examples of morons with keyboard would you like me to post?), if I had a software company I'd switch off comments on my promotional material too.

As far as I can make out, they've addressed the mistakes. Would it not be fairer to contact them with your concerns? 

Z

PS/ Personally, I'm inclined to give this product a go - almost on principle, but mostly on spec. Watch this space...

We have been hit with one scam after another. I think it is safe to say we are all a little gun shy when it comes to the unknown. Maybe we could come up with a test group to test out these new claims and see. If they pass muster then by all means allow them. If they fail, add them to our wall of shame and move on. I will be willing to volunteer time and effort to help and keep the scams away. I may be wrong, but the ones of us still here and using FSX are all looking for the most realism we can get. I fly solely from the VC and regardless of what is going on do I rarely have to look outside. Therefore all of the planes I fly could be white for that matter. I have never set on the tail of my own plane and flown it, nor do I ever see the need. I would say around Ten Volunteers need to be in the group and we could give each new addon a try and write a small conclusion to our findings. We will have to run this by the Staff here at avsim but I think for the better of the community we can and should find a common ground for such claims. Nuff said, What say yee? Capt. out.

Some screens be nice....

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Downloaded, installed, run. So far so good. Very nice wing tip vortices. Not had a chance to look at rain, snow or (most importantly for me) AI contrails yet but will let you know.

The installation didn't eat my hamster (if I were being picky I could suggest that they allow me to customise the install folder - although I can think of no good reason to do so) and the accompanying documentation is clear and good humoured; couldn't be happier.

Z

PS/ Conspiracy theorists may find something sinister in the documentation's use of "pilot-in-commands" rather than "pilots-in-command". If I were the copy writer, I'd point out that nobody has yet been denied entry into a French speaking country for using the awful abomination that is "Grand Prixs" rather than "Grands Prix"... :P

Is the engine reverse spray effect also simulated when it rains?

Thanks.

James Goggi

Clearly, we need some videos here.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So, does it decrease the FPS or not? 10 or even 5 FPS decrease for some eye candy is way too much for me.

Due to comments, yes it does, around 10-15% decrease, mostly because of contrails.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I've been using this since the first day it was released. There are no performance issues for me, granted I do have a beefy system, but I love the effects. Here is a video to show some of the effects.

Ignore the water on the lens effect. That was added during editting.

I am having problems with the rain and snow effect in the virtual cockpit. before the preciptfx new textures load, there is a slight pause, and the outside goes gray, then then it flashes back to normal. It happens each time I go in and out of rain storms. Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes, it seems to happen to almost everyone else. The developers say they are working on it. The biggest issue is that happens not only when the precipitation starts or stops (which would probably be tolerable) but also every time the intensity of the precipitation changes (e.g. light to heavy rain). Using ASN, which realistically varies the intensity frequently, this creates an almost strobe light-like effect at times...

The rain on the Camera lens at the end that part of PrecipitFX?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.