Sign in to follow this  
ESGG

RC in P3D for "dummies"

Hi!

I'm thinking of moving on to P3D, since there is an advanced aircraft (Majestic Dash 8-400Q) together with FS2Crew now offically is working in P3D. The only thing missing then is RC.

I have been trying to figure out how to have it installed but still a little bit confused.

I have RC and FSX installed and working on the same computer as I will use for P3D. Do I have to have a separate installation of RC for P3D? I still want to have the possibilty to use it with FSX.

Would be nice to have a simple step-by-step-gudie on how to intall it in to P3D.

Regards

Johnny 

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

RC will not work with later versions of P3Dv2. It works with P3D v1.4. This has to do with RC not being able to pass on parameters to FSUIPC4 and dealing with the save flight function. P3Dv2 later versions use another file format for the .flt file under a different file extension.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ has fsuipc4 updated for all versions of P3D.

Well, now I get a little confused. My understanding was that many is using RC with P3DV2. I know there was a bug in P3DV2 making it impossible to save flightplans with the default flightplanner. Not sure if that had something to do with the problems before. I never save and restoring flights with RC if that is still a problem. I always make my flightplans with FlightsimCommander and just export them to the folder where RC picks them up I think and the run it (FSX).

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/445081-problem-saving-flight-when-using-p3d-v22/page-4

is from Galen who copied the fxml file to an flt file to act as a "dummy" for RC to look at for loading an RC saved flight. The beta of fsuipc4 involved takes care of loading the correct fxml file when RC sends the flt file name to it when P3D22.

Those users that created a "blank" content dummy for RC to find caused the RC file lookup to fail. It needs to have content.

When Pete Dowson (fsuipc) confirms it the release will be with the latest full and interim versions here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

This feature is used to practice arrivals by saving RC's state (.rcd file) and the aircraft and weather state at a point while flying. Think of it a touch and go with going at the point of the approach you select rather than using a complete flight over and over.

Apparently everything else works.