Sign in to follow this  
mkear

Which NGX version is which?

[C] Bryan I dont know whether i need a FS2Crew update.  I only bought it last Friday so I would be pretty surprised if there was an update since then. 

FS2Crew has a built in version checker.  So long as you are connected to the internet, you will be told if you need an update anytime you load FS2Crew.

If you purchased recently, you definitely have the latest version of FS2Crew NGX.

Regarding the NGX, if you have any doubts about not having SP1C, then simply re-install it, but you probably have it built in.

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

For the SDK error please see the trouble shooting page:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=pmdg_737_ngx4

Best,

Pete I'm sorry but you arent correct.     There are LOTS of PMDG users who are buying the triple 7.   Just look at the PMDG forum right here on AVSIM.    It's a high traffic area.   And they've just updated it.    

I acknowledge that all you need to do is download SP1c if you bought the PMDG NGX only.  But what about all those who have the B777?   Like me they are now updating their NGX via the Operations Center.   And no doubt all the other products will go the same way.    The Operations Center updates all the liveries,   all the NGX versions,   and all the Jetstream 41 versions too.    Once you buy one of them, all the updates are now handled by the Operations Center. 

All I'm trying to suggest,  which no one seems ready to acknowledge (apart from Wayne who called me rude for saying this)  is that FS2Crew  might be helping future buyers of their product if they checked this out and made some accommodation for it in the instructions.  

And after all this, I STILL dont know why I get the "SDK is Corrupted" message.    

I still dont know what I'm supposed to do about  making sure my NGX is the correct version and the panels.cfg file is clean,  because i dont have a SP1c download, and never did so I can't reinstall it.     But PMDG tell me that my version 1.00.3219  is the current version.   But even then,  there is no download file to reinstall. 

I say again,   I don't believe I am alone in this.  I dont know how many FS2Crew customers have the same setup as me, but I do know that PMDG are moving their business model to the Operations Center.   It's made keeping the products up to date far easier.  

I am grateful to Bryan for offering to help me.  I'd expect nothing less from a professional developer, and I'll take him up on it if i dont get it working ok myself this week.   But how many others will be in the same pickle that I am?   

I'm reading that I have to reinstall NGX service pack SP1c.  But i dont have a SP1c to reinstall.    Never did have.  But my NGX is current, only recently updated.  So if I download the SP1c update from the PMDG site and run it,  will I be overwriting more recent updates or not?  I dont know.   And I've been asking that for days now.  All anyone seems fixated on is that apparently I can't read the instructions that say "download and run the PMDG SP1c update".      No one seems actually to have ever READ what I SAID. 

Because of Bryan's courtesy and interest in my issue, I'll continue with my attempt to get FS2Crew going.  But I'm afraid the rest of you haven't helped FS2Crew at all  And you certainly haven't come even close to helping me.

Cheers

Mike Kear

WIndsor, NSW, Australia.

Pete I'm sorry but you arent correct.

Doesn't matter how many users  are buying  the t7  doesn't  alter  the fact  that the operation centre comes with it. so if your  not  the many users  that are purchasing  the t7  how than do you get  the operation centre  than if it only  comes with the t7,  which I have been trying  to get  across, but for some reason you seem to think that everyone has  the operation centre which is not correct.

Can you post  your panel state  in the next post  since I had  a same issue  as yours  and found  out I had double  the entries  for fs2crew in it

heres the link see if your panel state is like mine was

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/435389-fscrew2-voice-wont-start-now-in-ngx/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If you purchased recently, you definitely have the latest version of FS2Crew NGX.

Regarding the NGX, if you have any doubts about not having SP1C, then simply re-install it, but you probably have it built in.

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

Thank you Bryan,  

Yes I bought FS2Crew last Friday.    I am assuming it's the latest version. 

Regarding the NGX,   as I've said many times, I have version 1.00.3219, according to PMDG.    I have asked and asked and asked and still dont know if that's NGX SP1c.  Since it was updated to that version by the Operations Center, there is no patch file to re-install.    If i reinstall the NGX as I bought it in August 2012,  then I have to reinstall all the liveries and re-patch the aircraft to the latest version.

I am honestly wondering whether the product is worth all this grief. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

I am guessing that you want to know if version 1.00.3219 is the same as SP1c? I can't answer that question, but I am puzzled as to why nobody else has.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris  that is  the latest version ,  Bryan beat me too it.  Mike check your panel state entries as in my previous post 

Mike  when you updated  the t7 to the sp1  did you follow theses procedures to the letter

You *MUST* uninstall any PMDG-made NGX or J41 liveries you have installed before you attempt to use the new OC Livery Downloader modules for these products. The old liveries from the website are not compatible with the OC's update process and you will have trouble if they stay there. Many of the liveries have been updated as well and you won't get notifications of those updates with the old website versions installed.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446633-things-you-should-do-before-installing-777-sp1-read-this/#entry3033974

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Chris  that is  the latest version ,  Bryan beat me too it.  Mike check your panel state entries as in my previous post 

Mike  when you updated  the t7 to the sp1  did you follow theses procedures to the letter

Pete, when I updated the t7 I used the Operations Center,   which checks the version installed against the available patches and advises when an update is available.  When there IS an update available,  it offers the choice to upgrade or get more info.    I upgraded by clicking on the button and let the Operations Center take care of it all. 

You *MUST* uninstall any PMDG-made NGX or J41 liveries you have installed before you attempt to use the new OC Livery Downloader modules for these products. The old liveries from the website are not compatible with the OC's update process and you will have trouble if they stay there. Many of the liveries have been updated as well and you won't get notifications of those updates with the old website versions installed.

Yes all the liveries were deleted and reinstalled using the Operations Center.   The OC takes care of that for you - prompting you to reinstal them if you haven't already.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

Have you checked you panel state as I posted previously post 18

Peter kelberg

Have you checked you panel state as I posted previously post 18

No  not yet.  But I intend to.  I dont have time now - it's 11pm here now and my alarm goes off at 0410 tomorrow so it's bedtime.  But I will later in the week.    But a quick glance at one of the panel.cfg files doesnt show the duplicate FS2Crew entries you indicated.   That's not to say they might not be in other panel.cfg files but as I said I'll get the chance to look at those later in the week. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Bryan I give you a minute

Peter kelberg

Thanks Bryan, I'll take you up on that, but it'll have to wait until later in the week, when I have some time available and I can afford to be awake in the middle of the night.   When my alarm goes off about 4am so I can get up for work, that pretty much dictates what time i have to do everything. 

Thank you for your concern, and thanks for not looking down on me because I havent got it up and going in 5 minutes.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia.

Thanks Bryan, I'll take you up on that, but it'll have to wait until later in the week

In the mean time  can you check this out   since you said you updated  the ngx  using the operation  centre and now iam wondering if it actually  did do it, can you go to your ngx aircraft .cfg  an confirm  the version you have?

Peter kelberg

Yes, Pete,   all the aircraft.cfg files have the following at the header:  

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
//
// PMDG 737NGx
//
// Current with Build: 1.00.3219
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia