Sign in to follow this  
mkear

Which NGX version is which?

FS2Crew wants to install on the PMDG NGX version SP1C or later.    However PMDG doesnt use nomenclature like that.   The current version is 1.00.3219.   Is that SP1c or not?    And since that's the version I installed of NGX,  updated by patches a couple of times through the PMDG Operations Centre, there are no patch downloads any more.  

So [A] is my version of NGX current enough?   I dont want to install a patch downloaded from AVSIM if it downgrades my currently patched and up-to-date NGX.

and  How do I reinstall the SP1c to get a clean panel.cfg  as the installation instructions say.

Cheers
Mike Kear

WIndsor, NSW, Australia 

Another detail,  and I'm not sure if its important or not.    But the manual at page 6 says : 

Ensure your NGX loads by default into the 2D Cockpit, and not the VC.

But the PMDG B737 NGX doesnt have a 2D cockpit. 

Does this mean I have the wrong version of FS2Crew?    And in any case, I've completely left the world of 2D cockpits so if i have to use them,   I dont want the product.   Can i get a refund?    The version I saw Froogle using on youtube looked just fine to me.  There was no 2D cockpit in his video.

Cheers
Mike Kear

WIndsor, NSW, Australia 

But the PMDG B737 NGX doesnt have a 2D cockpit. 

The NGX definitely has a 2D cockpit.  We recommend people have their aircraft load by default into the 2D cockpit before switching to the VC to help ensure the aircraft loads cleanly.

If, when you open the FS2Crew Main Panel, you do not get a "SDK Warning" message, everything is fine, you're a 100 percent operational.

The NGX definitely has a 2D cockpit.  We recommend people have their aircraft load by default into the 2D cockpit before switching to the VC to help ensure the aircraft loads cleanly.

Ok you have me now.    How do you get the NGX to load into a 2D cockpit?    When ever I load up the aircraft it loads with a VC,  and I've set it to load cold and dark as default.   I cant see where there's an option to load into any 2D cockpit.       I know about loading panel states and setting defaults, but there isnt any option there that I can find. 

I'm sorry if i'm asking you questions that I should be asking PMDG.   If that's the case just tell me and I'll go ask them.   But I'm really in a puzzle now.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia 

Hi Mike,

2D cockpit:  There is an option in the FSX SETTINGS -> DISPLAY menu -> Default cockpit view.

Also note:   When FSX loads, the default aircraft visible should be the Trike.  Do not use saved flights.

After the 737 loads, then you can load the desired panel state.

This is all to ensure the NGX loads cleanly.

Again, so long as you do not get a "SDK Warning" message, everything is good.

Thanks Bryan.  I spent the day today with my son doing some woodwork, and mid afternoon it suddenly hit me how stupid I had been.  Of course I can set that up!!!   So my project this evening is to get started using FS2Crew with my NGX just as you intended. 

Thanks for being patient with me. 

I think you ought to think about modifying the terminology used in your  documentation however.   You're referring to versions like SP1c  but PMDG arent using terms like that for the NGX now.     The current version according to their Operations Center is 1.00.3219    It makes it a bit confusing,  being unable to decide if my version of NGX is current enough for FS2Crew.      While they're both new,   it probably isnt a problem, but as time goes on either FS2Crew will be updated or the NGX will , and it'll be harder to tell if someone has the correct versions of each. 

Thanks again for your help.  

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia. 

The current version according to their Operations Center is 1.00.3219 It makes it a bit confusing

Not  really since the operation  centre  only  came  if you purchased the  pmdg t7. So if you hadn't  purchased  the t7  than you wouldn't know  that. Go to the product page of  pmdg and states sp1c  in the download section

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Not  really since the operation  centre  only  came  if you purchased the  pmdg t7. So if you hadn't  purchased  the t7  than you wouldn't know  that. Go to the product page of  pmdg and states sp1c  in the download section

Well I'm sorry Pete.   Pardon me for making a suggestion.      I guess I'm the only person in the world who will be buying the PMDG triple 7  so there's no need to consider what I say anyway. 

i'm just a dope for not knowing that 1.00.3219 is really SP1c.   It's obvious really isnt it. 

Mike Kear

WIndsor, NSW, Australia. 

This link should be the first place to check for the latest version of all pmdg aircraft

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter instead of trying to tell me how wrong I am,   perhaps listening to a suggestion might be a better option for you. 

I dont need to check the PMDG web site - EVER - to find out if i have the latest version of aircraft any more, because the Operations Center does it for me.   It's pretty obvious that PMDG are moving their system to a model where the Operation Center takes care of all updates and manages liveries etc.    They have changed their numbering system. 

I STILL dont know, after asking at least 4 times now,  whether my NGX version 1.00.3219 is version SP1c.   I was suggesting that it is in the interests of FS2Crew to clear that up unless you guys think I am the only person in the world who will buy FS2Crew and PMDG's Triple 7.  

And I still have no idea how to make sure I can safely apply the SP1c patch downloaded from PMDG's web site without wrecking the synchronising being done by PMDG's Operations Center.    Again, that woudl be in FS2Crew's interests to clear that up, I'd have thought.         PMDG and FS2Crew seem to get along pretty well.  I'd have thought a quick email to PMDG would give you all you need to make a change to your documentation so people like me, who have spent our actual money on buying the products,  dont waste days and days trying to figure out all the configuration issues. 

Frankly it's a pretty bitter experience for me so far.   Having asked a question here several times and instead of getting an answer,  I get belittled for being so bloody stupid I can't tell whether 1.00.3219  is the same thing as SP1c. 

Since on my first run of the NGX with FS2Crew last night,  I got a message that the SDK is corrupted or out of date or something, I assume that I still dont have it configured correctly, and I'm still totally at a loss to know how to fix that because I can't get an answer to my question. 

If you guys dont care whether or not I can safely overwrite my NGX (that I also paid my actual hard-earned cash for) v1.00.3219  with a SP1c update downloaded from PMDG then I have the answer.   You're a bunch of a$$holes and I'll do everything in my power to tell the world about how if you make a suggestion here they dont like it.    On the other hand, if you do care,  then instead of belittling me,  why not try to understand what I'm telling you - PMDG have moved to a different model -  and do something to clear it up?

In the mean time,  I've still wasted quite a few hours on FS2Crew and got nowhere.    I'm feeling pretty negative towards the whole experience so far.   I feel I've wasted my money.

Cheers

Mike Kear

WIndsor, NSW, Australia

In the mean time,  I've still wasted quite a few hours on FS2Crew and got nowhere.

Mike,

Please send me a Support Ticket via the FS2Crew website.

I'll help you via a Remote Destkop.  I'll set everything up for you.

Best,

Mike

I dont think pete meant to offend, bryan is great he will sort you out, a simple solution for doco would be for bryan to put the file version number in brackets beside the service pack, cheers

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

For FS2Crew NGX, all the FS2Crew updates are built into the main installer.  

There are no separate, stand alone updates..

If you require an FS2Crew update, you'll get a message when you open the FS2Crew Main Panel.

In that case, you'd just redownload FS2Crew NGX from wherever you purchased it.

As for the PMDG, if in doubt if you have the latest version, just re-install their updates.

I believe their installer will tell you if you already have the latest updates installed.

I will say this one more time,  perhaps I can put it in words that kindergartners can understand,  then I'm going to forget the whole sorry thing:

[A] PMDG are now updating their products using the Operations Center.    It automatically detects ANY of their products that are out of date or require updates.   That includes all of the  aircraft and all of the liveries issued by PMDG.    Users NO LONGER need to go to the PMDG web site to download updates     And no longer do they need to check the PMDG site to see if there has been an update.    The Operations Center tells users when there has been an update of any kind to any of the products.  Clicking "Update" will download and install the update.    You dont save  an update file or anything.   You just click "update" and wait while the Operations Center does the rest.  If FS2Crew requires a specific version of the NGX,  they are now being described as versions like 1.00.3219 instead of v2 SP1c.      It is very confusing for anyone who has bought a PMDG product since the arrival of the 777 to be told you have to have NGX SP1c.   Because you dont know whether or not that's the version you have.  There is NO WAY TO find that out!!!    As Wayne said, all that's required is for FS2Crew to restate their requirements in the documentation.    Since the documentation is only a PDF, I'd have thought, as a software publisher myself, that adding this detail to the documentation is a very trivial thing to achieve.    I believe it would certainly require less time than it's taken me to describe the situation so many times. 

FS2Crew can please themselves whether or not to amend their information for users.  Also, they can ignore the changes to PMDG's methods too.  It's entirely up to them.  I dont try to tell anyone how to run their business.   But I merely suggest that it's in the interests of FS2Crew to clarify the point of confusion.    Unless you think I'm the only person in the world who is going to buy the PMDG B777 then there are others who are going to face the same questions.    They might all be smarter than me and work it all out for themselves.     But maybe not.   And considering all it would take is for a quick email or phone call to PMDG to clarify the situation,  and a few minutes to alter the docs,   I can't see whats the problem.      

I'm a software publisher myself as I said, and if i discovered something that was causing confusion amongst my customers  I wouldnt go trying to convince a paying customer that he was totally wrong.  I wouldnt try to make him feel like he must be a dummy because he can't follow instructions  (it's possible that my instructions are now wrong).   I woudlnt try to show what an idiot he is because he can't download an update, meanwhile completely ignoring the source of the confusion.      

No,  what I'd be doing is investigating the confusing issue myself.    Deciding whether there was anything I could do to clarify the situation and eliminate the confusion.  

But what do I know - I've only been a software author and consumer forms designer for 39 years.  I guess I've a lot to learn.

[C] Bryan I dont know whether i need a FS2Crew update.  I only bought it last Friday so I would be pretty surprised if there was an update since then. 

[D] Thanks Bryan for the offer of help.  I'll get time later this week for another look at FS2Crew and if i dont have it going after that, I'll take you up on your offer.    Thank you.

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

A] PMDG are now updating their products using the Operations Center. It automatically detects ANY of their products that are out of date or require updates. That includes all of the aircraft and all of the liveries issued by PMDG. Users NO LONGER need to go to the PMDG web site to download updates And no longer do they need to check the PMDG site to see if there has been an update

All well and good if you have the operation centre , as I said before you only  get the operation   centre if you purchased the t7. So all the users  that havnt  got  the t7  and have the ngx only  will still have to check the service updates page  for the latest service  pack.

if you got the latest sp1c  for the ngx  and just downloaded  fs2crew  than your good to go no need to update  anything

Peter kelberg