Sign in to follow this  
BeechPapa

Freeware Gem for New Zealand

Searching this morning for a freeware KEGE, I stumbled upon this freeware version on New Plymouth Airport, New Zealand. Though I wasn't familiar with the airport, it looked beautiful in pictures so I downloaded it and can say this is one of the most detailed and quality freewares I have run across. They even modeled the terminal in detail, but the FPS are great, so no worries about performance here.  NZNP occupies the southern tip of the North Island, and is right on the coast. This freeware is also compatible with the Orbx NZ region, so no reason not to give it a shot. It really is a gem. Can't believe I didn't hear about it before. 

http://library.avsim.net/login.php?Location=%2Fdownload.php%3FDLID%3D178576

Thanks for the heads up on this...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

My pleasure, guys.

Another Gem is Hamilton, NZ. Same quality, might be the same author. Found it on Ozx site. NZHN can take up to an Airbus A320. ( Orbx approved)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It's a great airport . New Plymouth is on the western side of the North Island not the south. A feature of the area is perfectly formed Mt Taranaki (a dormant volcano). It's an airport I fairly familiar with as use to live in New Plymouth.

The Hamilton airport is a different author. Also check out the same authors Taupo. All are Orbx compatible. - these three airports are my favourite in NZNI. Wish Orbx did some NZNI airports like they said they would. The author of the New Plymouth airport has mentioned he would like to do NZAA, whilst the author of the Taupo and Hamilton airport did start an NZAA under the Orbx umbrella but for various reasons it was canned or at least put on ice.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Another Gem is Hamilton, NZ. Same quality, might be the same author. Found it on Ozx site. NZHN can take up to an Airbus A320. ( Orbx approved)

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I believe this is the final DL version, apparently ex-payware, and yep it's definitely another gem:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/4728-fs-creations-hamiltonx-nzhn/

Edit: Just saw comments by Naki@NZFF explaining things, but I was going to say I think they are affiliated with the same group (nzff.org). The quality of the work is incredible on all these different projects.

Major Dash 8 hub. :happy: That's what had me looking for freeware today to begin with. Bada bing, bada boom.

Major Dash 8 hub. :happy: That's what had me looking for freeware today to begin with. Bada bing, bada boom.

I agree, great for the Dash. Here is a list of more http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/newzealand.html

The Dunedin one is very good too, it is the second Dunedin on the list. Lots of Dash flights from there if you have NZSI

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention Ethan - a brilliant payware quality addon!

Bill