Sign in to follow this  
smakar

64-bit Conversion

The only fact I have seen, is that this program which claims to be in beta... costs $12.99 and has  "Absolutely no refunds".

Indeed, lets wait for more facts to emerge..

Bert

"...Yes, I am locked at 30 and using FSX Fiber Accelerator."

Could you try a test flight without using the FSX fiber accelerator, and post your results. Just curious about the true performance

boost. Yes, I'm skeptical, with a good reason. But, I'm also willing to keep an open mind as it doesn't cost anything.

Jazz

So everyone is clear on why we deleted the thread first announcing this; it was NOT because it was claimed to be a scam, but it was because it violated our Terms of Use in terms of the advertising policy.

ok I did purchase it, about to launch a KEWR-LFPG with the PMDG 777, most of my settings are to the right, I will keep an eye on VAS usage.

One thing to already be aware of, ASN does not seem to work, it is complaining about unable to access information about WMI (could not generate a Client ID)

I will keep you guys posted.

John.

where can i download this tool?

Mamush

The original thread with the link was deleted, but luckily I found it in my browser history: http://flightreal.com/32-bit-to-64-bit.html

So everyone is clear on why we deleted the thread first announcing this; it was NOT because it was claimed to be a scam, but it was because it violated our Terms of Use in terms of the advertising policy.

Thank you for the clarification - I had just responded to a question someone had as to where to purchase it - I apologize ahead of time if this violated any terms. From now on I will only post results I've had with the application - good OR bad.

And thank you to Bert for leaving this thread active, at least for now.

ok I did purchase it, about to launch a KEWR-LFPG with the PMDG 777, most of my settings are to the right, I will keep an eye on VAS usage.

One thing to already be aware of, ASN does not seem to work, it is complaining about unable to access information about WMI (could not generate a Client ID)

I will keep you guys posted.

John.

Can you do a benchmark before and after?

In case anyone is interested, there is my fsx.cfg file PRIOR to changes I'm planning on making at the request of the file application author (increasing LOD_RADIUS from 4.5 to 8, and maxing out all sliders).

http://wikisend.com/download/223752/fsx.cfg

Sorry for the link but I couldn't figure out how to attach files via this post.

Hopefully someone does a Fraps benchmark before and after.

I did the Fraps "before" benchmark last night, and will do the "after" tonight.

I saved my ASN weather so I can reuse it tonight.

I'll also upload those benchmarks via a free file-sharing site I found and include the link.

In case anyone is interested, there is my fsx.cfg file PRIOR to changes I'm planning on making at the request of the file application author (increasing LOD_RADIUS from 4.5 to 8, and maxing out all sliders).

http://wikisend.com/download/223752/fsx.cfg

Sorry for the link but I couldn't figure out how to attach files via this post.

I did the Fraps "before" benchmark last night, and will do the "after" tonight.

I saved my ASN weather so I can reuse it tonight.

I'll also upload those benchmarks via a free file-sharing site I found and include the link.

Thanks. In the future, you can just use www.pastebin.com and paste your fsx.cfg there. A lot easier than uploading/downloading it.

Just as an FYI and nothing more:

WHOIS information for flightreal.com:**

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[whois.verisign-grs.com]
Whois Server Version 2.0
Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.
Domain Name: FLIGHTREAL.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com Name Server: NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 15-aug-2014
Creation Date: 15-aug-2014
Expiration Date: 15-aug-2015

Just as an FYI and nothing more:

WHOIS information for flightreal.com:**

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]

[whois.verisign-grs.com]

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered

with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net

for detailed information.

Domain Name: FLIGHTREAL.COM

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC

Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com

Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com Name Server: NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Name Server: NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Updated Date: 15-aug-2014

Creation Date: 15-aug-2014

Expiration Date: 15-aug-2015

And? They could have been developing for all this time and only spent time marketing it yesterday. A lot of game developers do this with their games to prevent leaks. What's the problem?

Hmm this tool actually does something...

I was quite sceptical - but for $13 I thought - why not...?!

I just loaded up FSX at FSDT's Vancouver - in the trike VAS was around 2,4 GB... loaded PMDG 737NGX. VAS climbed to 2,8-2,9 GB (and no OOM??)... (usually my FSX crashes at 2,7/2,8 GB)... 

I then took it to spot-view, and panned around, while monitoring my VAS Usage... VAS climbed briefly to 3,1 GB (without OOM!) ... 

I don't know... I'll keep testing... Still a bit sceptical, though... could have been a fluke... but very interesting, though... :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I guess I should have spelled out FYI.....and elaborated on "nothing more".

And? They could have been developing for all this time and only spent time marketing it yesterday. A lot of game developers do this with their games to prevent leaks. What's the problem?

The only fact I have seen, is that this program which claims to be in beta... costs $12.99 and has  "Absolutely no refunds".

Indeed, lets wait for more facts to emerge..

Yes, Agree!  I am hopeful that miracles may be made in FSX, but am also worried that a small group of "friends" posting positive reviews could sure get a number of buys before any possible mis-representation in advertising is uncovered.  This will be a must buy for me if true, but I will wait to see one or our reliable FSX members (i.e. formal AVSIM review, Pete Dawson, NickN, Orbx, etc) verify these findings.

Eric Szczesniak

Yes, Agree!  I am hopeful that miracles may be made in FSX, but am also worried that a small group of "friends" posting positive reviews could sure get a number of buys before any possible mis-representation in advertising is uncovered.  This will be a must buy for me if true, but I will wait to see one or our reliable FSX members (i.e. formal AVSIM review, Pete Dawson, NickN, Orbx, etc) verify these findings.

I see what you mean, but I assure you, that I am NO friend of them :)

I haven't even heard of the company/tool until I stumbled upon an article on AirDailyX ... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471