Sign in to follow this  
smakar

64-bit Conversion

Hmm... 

You can't get a decent lunch that you can sit down and enjoy (other than fast food) for under $12 in most areas of the US.  That's pretty inexpensive for this piece of software.  If it gave a person a 10% increase in performance or killed OOM's for those who have them (never had one), would certainly be worth the $.

Firehawk44 and Tom Allensworth - calling you, brothers.  I only have P3D now (and DCS, woohoo!) but I'll "gift" you an application of this if you'll test it for AVSIM and report official findings.  I'm pretty sure that testing FSX on my Devil's Canyon at 4.9GHz might give the app an unfair advantage.  I've never had any OOM's on a fully loaded up FSX computer anyway.  PM me if you guys are interested.  Yep, I'm serious.

can someone who bought the product and owns ASN report if their copy is working? Cant get ASN to work, and the PMDG 777 was not following a SID (that I have flown before)... not sure if it is the converter's doing.

I have reverted back to 32bit to do more testing (btw, I was prompted to activate my copy of FSX)

I bought. I installed. I am pleased.

No FRAPS comparison results to report but my fps is up where I need it to be and I no longer see the triangle scenery in the distance. I also run Fiber Accelerator at 30 locked/ 24 Mid 20 min and I leave it at mid all the time. Very smooth so far in the NGX.

When I first downloaded, I turned on the CPU overclock (3.2GHz to 4.2GHz) just to see if I can run everything maxxed out. I was still in the 15fps range at KJFK but that's about 7 to 10fps higher than without this converter, that is about as scientific as I will get right now. I have turned off the OC and reverted to mid-range settings and I will leave it that way for now. Time to fly some more.

can someone who bought the product and owns ASN report if their copy is working? Cant get ASN to work, and the PMDG 777 was not following a SID (that I have flown before)... not sure if it is the converter's doing.

I have reverted back to 32bit to do more testing (btw, I was prompted to activate my copy of FSX)

I have now flown two flights with the 64-bit conversion, both using ASN, and have not had issues. But note that ASN was running on a networked laptop; I will try another flight with ASN on my FSX PC tomorrow (or maybe tonight) and let you know how it goes.

Thank you Stevan, I actually rebooted my machine and now ASN works fine (it seemed to be Windows related, after reverting to 32bit ASN was still not working)

I am back @ 64bit and ASN is good, going to continue testing VAS with the 777 flying around JFK and high autogen, etc...

So far so good

John

I successfully completed my "comparison" flight. It was with a PMDG 737-700NGX, from KABQ to KPHX, FSX time of 23:11 hours on both flights. I also saved my weather file in ASN last night so I could have the same weather injected tonight. The KPHX airport is FlightBeam commercial product.

I did NOT change my fsx.cfg for the post 64-bit conversion flight, however I did enable MegaSceneryEarth, which I had previously disabled due to OOMs.

No issues at all to report. The in-cockpit FPS seemed to average between 13 and 18, whereas the old (pre 64-bit conversion) FPS averaged 5 to 8 (again, from within the 3D cockpit).

Another common issue I've had with MegaSceneryEarth and DX10 are occasional strange artifacts, as in huge brown pyramids extending to the sun or moon. This ALWAYS happens at a certain point of this flight, between Winslow and Payson - even at night (it occurred last night on the pre-64 bit). But it did NOT happen today with the post 64-bit.

Of course, this will take more testing to see if today was a fluke.

I merged the Fraps results into a single MS Excel spreadsheet, which can be downloaded at http://wikisend.com/download/443640/FSX Fraps for 64-bit conversion utility.xlsx

In both cases, I started Fraps logging at the 5-mile final. The "pre" version results are in red, and the "post" in blue. Note that the document has three worksheets: MinMaxAvg, Frame Times, and FPS. To be honest, I haven't even looked at the results yet - I just wanted to get it out there for whoever may be interested, and am now off for a nap!

Thank you Stevan, I actually rebooted my machine and now ASN works fine (it seemed to be Windows related, after reverting to 32bit ASN was still not working)

I am back @ 64bit and ASN is good, going to continue testing VAS with the 777 flying around JFK and high autogen, etc...

So far so good

John

Does VAS go beyond 4Gb in your tests?

Zicheng Cai

Wow, this could be a huge deal for FSX's continued future. Just when P3D has reached such high level, this comes along and could shake up the status quo... Who said Flight sim's were boring!?

The initial reports are good but until we see VAS >5GB and  unicorn performance metrics the judgement is reserved. Someone with kudos in the community like AVSIM staff or frooglesim need to review it too, that would be great. Fair play that this thread is kept alive...

the same company flight real has also released a Brazilian airport scenery

available here

http://flightreal.com/sbil.html

They stole that. That scenery is actually FREEWARE made by Jorge Amengol. fsx_ilheus_eng_v10.zip in the Avsim library.

Plus they used screenshots from Orbx. (1st, 3rd and 5th)

Did you guys already checked Performance Fix for 64 Bit Converter?

http://flightreal.com/updates.html

EDIT: downloaded it just to check it out, it is their version of fsx.cfg with 512 textures, LOD at 2.5, etc. If you ask me that isn't a performance fix.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.