Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

R6025 Error is Back in V2.3

I haven't tried the sim without tesselation with 337.61 drivers, though. It just occured to me that what if this is another driver related problem with 340-series drivers like broken tesselation? What drivers are you using?

The driver doesn't matter, it always does it with tesselation OFF, at least that's what I've experienced.

I've just shared my P3D folder as well. Will post results!

Do you have an ASN folder too? Make sure all sub-folders in P3D are shared too (just sharing the main folder should work though). Make sure that is shared and all folders that you have addons installed. After sharing my folders last night, I flew another flight and no CTD this time.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Greetings All,

Bill, if you do wind up doing a re-install, try Firehawk's suggestion and disable the antivirus during all installs. I may be tempting fate here, but since including that step in my instal process 4 years ago, I've not seen the issues that are being reported here and elsewhere. I have a very detailed response from a major developer that explained why many of the software folks recommend disabling AV. Made sense to me and I was a Intel/Telecom geek for 22 yrs in the Army.

Respectfully,

Brian

Brian,

Like I said before, I've installed tons of software with MS Essentials with no issues....PMDG 737 NGX, PMDG 777, a lot of Orbx scenery, etc.

However, if I do a re-install, I may try that........there is risk when you connect to the internet during the "activation" process?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

I doubt it's anything to do with MSE.  I've always run MSE with P3D V2, and although I saw this virtual function call error with 2.1, I have yet to get one with 2.3.

I went the Patch route.

Brian,

Like I said before, I've installed tons of software with MS Essentials with no issues....PMDG 737 NGX, PMDG 777, a lot of Orbx scenery, etc.

However, if I do a re-install, I may try that........there is risk when you connect to the internet during the "activation" process?

Bill Clark

I leave MS Essentials on all the time now for years ... no problems.

Also, I have the MS flight sim / LM Sim folders excluded from scans.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi,

I ran a test this evening with P3D, this is very preliminary as I plan more testing.

With tessellation, turned OFF, I received an R6025 error. I didn't time it, but the error had to have occurred within the first 5 minutes of flight.

I then turned tessellation back ON and ran for about 15 to 20 minutes before I quit....I ran out of time to proceed further. It ran with no errors.

Over the next few days, I'm going to run a timer with tessellation turned OFF and then ON a number of times to see what kind of results I get, and confirm that in my particular case, tessellation turned OFF may be a factor in my seeing R6025 errors.

I might add, that I don't ever recall ever seeing an R6025 error since flying FSX for many, many years!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

If Tesselation off causes the problem and then you check "Tesselation" and it goes away. . .doesn't that tell you that you need tesselation turned on? Tesselation "on" moves the job of texture loading over to the GPU, freeing up the CPU for other tasks. If you're running tesselation off you're defeating one of the primary changes LM made to improve performance. It should always be on, otherwise your CPU is doing everything. If your sim boggs down with tesselation on then look to your PC for shortcomings in either the GPU (at least a 600Series Card with at least 2gig of Ram but preferably 4gig), the CPU (at least 3.5 ghz or better) or your PC (should have at least 8gig of Ram or more). If those match or are at least close then look at your settings. There's no reason with a decent PC setup that V2.3 should lag at all. . .on the contrary, it should be far more fluid that the previous version. If it's not, as someone else just mentioned. . .don't blame the software.

There is a problem with misregistration of photo-scenery and xml airports with tesselation on.

Hi All,

I recently purchased P3D v2.3 and installed it using only administration rights (Microsoft Security Essentials was ON during the install). Without any modifications to the original install I made several test flights, each with more than an hour in flight time without any errors. This was consistent over the next couple of days. I then started installing add-ons, going slow (from experience) and checking things as I went. Add-ons to date have been P3D certified; I have NOT installed any add-ons manually or used the Estonia migration tool with non-certified P3D add-ons (yet). I have installed a few aircraft, FS Global Ultimate - The Americas, and the FTX Global Iceland Demo but none other. Again, I flew in excess, hour-long flights without error.

Yesterday I noticed a scenery problem in a mountainous region similar to an old FSX scenery problem many have experienced…scenery tearing (I believe it was there all the time but the mountains just made it more noticeable), small blue shards where the tiles in the scenery come together. Now in the past this was associated with mesh issues but let us not jump to conclusions (I am sorry, were we talking about the R6025 error, well stick with me I am getting there). Be advised I do NOT have a super computer like many I read about running P3D with an i7 with 6 to 8 cores, and a smoking hot SLI video setup. I am currently running an older 2.8 Quad over clocked to 3.2, 8GB of memory and a Radeon HD6950 (I would enjoy the smoking hot machine but I am not a 1% type). So nothing spectacular but this system is tweaked to run FSX like a bat out of hell and to my surprise, P3D runs EXTREMELY smooth on my system (compared to FSX) with frame rates that tickle me pink.

Now, when working computer maintenance (I have a past) it was quintessential to separate software issues from hardware issues. I was primarily a hardware guru (but you cannot help but learn a thing or two about software issues over the years). Therefore, I went to work changing settings in my AMD Catalyst software to see what might remove the shards. I methodically changed ALL the AMD settings testing P3D as I went. Nothing (and I mean nothing) affected P3D using each Catalyst setting in a variety of combinations. If anyone has an NVidia card with the tearing issue it would be worthy to note it, I firmly believe my above issue is related to P3D, video card capabilities and the associated drivers (along with what I’m about to describe). I then proceeded to change each setting within P3D. ONE setting, and only one, corrected the scenery shard problem completely (as described by some here), by turning tessellation OFF, BUT (wait for it) as soon as I started a test flight, I received my FIRST R6025 error! This was the FIRST time I had turned tessellation OFF since installing P3D and this failure is without a doubt consistent on my system causing P3D to error on each test flight. Turn tessellation ON and I can fly without any error whatsoever. Conclusion, the R6025 error is somehow related to the tessellation feature or something to do with tessellation and my scenery issue and that has nothig to do with add-on compatibility. Maybe because I have a slightly older setup I “see” this issue differently than that described by others in regards to my scenery issue?

So maybe we need to quit calling it incompatible software (such as between P3D and add-ons) and start focusing more on P3D and hardware (and the associated drivers) because either way I turn that is where this is pointing. Everyone has various video cards with their associated drivers (just like a fingerprint), and chances are this is where the fix will need to be applied and that kind of fix does NOT come from the typical end user because it is embedded in either the P3D code, video drivers, or related to the chipsets in the hardware. It will take collaboration from LM developers and the hardware community to tackle this issue as stated by some here.

In the end I can run P3D all day long with tessellation turned ON without a single R6025 error BUT not without the aggravation of seeing that nasty tearing in the scenery (probably because I’m running an older video card). If not for the tearing in the scenery, I would have ZERO issue, BUT currently my ONLY choice (and maybe others in a similar boat) is to leave the tessellation turned ON until LM can resolve WHY turning tessellation OFF crashes P3D with the R6025 error. Frankly I could care less if tessellation is on or off as long as I can run P3D smooth as silk with whopping frame rates at the level of quality I currently have on my system! The eye can only see so much and what I see in P3D now is nothing short of FANTASTIC! Can we only imagine what this thing will run like when it runs on a true 64bit platform?

Lower the Tessellation level should fix this.  If I set the tessellation level too high in the AMD CC or Radeon Pro I get that tearing.

Yesterday I noticed a scenery problem in a mountainous region similar to an old FSX scenery problem many have experienced…scenery tearing (I believe it was there all the time but the mountains just made it more noticeable), small blue shards where the tiles in the scenery come together.

Yep, been there and done it as I was testing various settings, no difference whether I modified the P3D settings or the AMD settings. Also for those running ASN, I failed to mention I do have it loaded and not once has P3D locked up while using it with tessellation ON. Just completed another one hour flight no problems. As I stated, with tesellation turned ON using whatever, P3D cranks along on my older system at approximately 30fps and smooth as silk (and that ain't bad in my case)! With tessellation OFF...R6025 in less than 2 or 3 minutes.

I used to have this error, but I installed the new NVidia drivers, which fixes the tessellation issue, and I no longer have it.  

No doubt I'm beginning to feel a PAIN in my wallet. I might need to examine an upgrade to the video card. Wonder if NVidia works any better on Intel platforms these days? I never had much success with them in the past, always got along better with the AMD (or is that ATI?) series. My wife still hasn't got over the last upgrade that put us in poverty :rolleyes:

So maybe we need to quit calling it incompatible software (such as between P3D and add-ons) and start focusing more on P3D and hardware (and the associated drivers) because either way I turn that is where this is pointing.

+1 same error with a vanilla install of Windows 7 64 off a brand new disc then P3D V2.3 Tessellation ON - no problem. Tessellation OFF - R6025 error within 30 seconds.

Maybe once Lockheed Martin quit trying to make clouds look pretty (surely not a priority for a professional flight simulator?) and concentrate on checking their base code for errors then we'll finally get a reliable platform that can be used for training. That is the point of Prepar3D isn't it? I wish they'd make up their mind.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg