Sign in to follow this  
Rob14

Basic Scenery/Terrain etc. questions

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions that will seem extremely noobish but for which I'm having a hard time getting definitive answers to. Your help will be much appreciated! I currently have REX 4 Texture Direct and UTX Europe, plus some Mega Airports installed (in that order) on my machine. I am planning to buy the following very soon: FS Global 2010, FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector and GEX. 

My questions are:

1. Will installing FTX create a conflict with UTX?

2. What is the best order to install them in?

3. If there is a "best" order to install them in, would it be worth uninstalling my current add-ons and re-installing? (e.g. I've read that it's a good idea to install mesh first).

4. Are there any other 'must have' types of add-on (apart from aircraft)?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

FTX Global and GEX do the same thing.

FTX Vector and UTX also do the same thing (more or less, UTX has some land class stuff, which would require FTX Open LC to cover).

In both the above cases, UTX/GEX does things bit by bit, whereas FTX Global & Vector do the whole world. I replaced GEX with FTXG and am happier. I'm still using the assorted UTXs, but that will probably change one day.

The mesh won't clash with the rest. You will find some airport elevation issues where the airport is not at the same altitude as the new surrounding terrain. Some people live with it, preferring the overall picture. Others can't. Your call. I don't believe there is any particular installation order, although I stand to be corrected.

I would add ASN to your wish list. Carry on using REX for the textures but ASN for the weather engine. It's changed my sim.

Mike