Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Difference Between Quality Wings and JustFlight BA146s?

Just wondering what is difference between Quality Wings and JustFlight BA146s considering the fact that I notice the latter is on sale for nine bucks instead of 40 bucks??

I do not need FMC.  Just wondering if JustFlight BAE146 has SUPERB exterior details for sake of screenshot beauty.

Is it memory resource hog?  I am using laptop. 

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Just Flight sims aren't usually memory hogs so I'd be surprised if this one is. I don't own it so I can't say for sure. I do have the Quality Wings sim though. Their 146 is much more realistic. Most systems are simulated accurately. You get all the Avro RJ versions as well. The Just Flight 146 is more like their F-Lite series in terms of realism. It looks very nice from the outside but with mostly default systems. If that's what you want then the low sale price makes the JF 146 a no brainier. However I think the QW sim is much better value.

BTW, if you do buy the Just Flight FMC addon pack it's simplified and generic.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have both, I bought the JW 146 first, I thought it was nice. I then bought the QW 146 and I was amazed. Since I bought the QW 146 I have never flown the JF 146. They fly and handle differently and the details of the QW is just superb,they are 2 different versions. Buy them both if you want, but the JF will sit in the hangar once you fly the QW.

And I do not see it as a HOG on my system, so I cannot say how it will be on a laptop.

Nick Sciortino

I have the Just Flight and it was ok when it worked. But there there were too many annoying bugs that I couldn't figure out. The worst one was that it wouldn't always start correctly. Sometimes it would, but I usually had to Ctrl-E it at some point to make it work. I don't have the QW one, but I do have their 757, so I'm guessing it's pretty good.

I have both and like them equally biggest problem with the QW BAE 146 is i cannot find many liveries/repaints for it,QW supplied the BAE version in QW house liveries and there are not many other liveries/repaints for the BAE146 version,s that I want to use,any one point me to any UK/European liveries that they have found

peter

I bought the QW BAe 146 and then returned it. It gave me no end of problems. I cannot quite recall the gamut of issues I had but I was very disappointed with it. Never ever returned a Flight1 product but this one just did not cut it for me.

I bought the QW BAe 146 and then returned it. It gave me no end of problems. I cannot quite recall the gamut of issues I had but I was very disappointed with it. Never ever returned a Flight1 product but this one just did not cut it for me.

Rick - Did you load it normally or as an administer?

Nick Sciortino

My whole system was then(prior to building a new system based on the i5-4670k) set up as Administrator.

IIRC, loading a flight plan in the FMC, it would not follow the LNAV, the ALT was troublesome, and ditto with the A/T.

Never have had any issues with the QW146 on my part. Love flying it although it's been a while now.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

My two cents; I have the QW146 and it was well worth the price. The QW forum and the product support are excellent. Give it a go!

Dwight Heyer

Go with the QW package. You get all variants of the 146, and the Avro RJ in one package.

Work a lot on both 146s and RJs at real work. The Quality Wings release is a much superior rendition of the product.

Many things are not modelled systems wise w/ both the JF 146s and QW's release, but you'll get more enjoyment out of the QW package.

The only unfortunate thing is QW seems pretty done with this product, and there's a couple little little bugs I would have liked to see get fixed.

Thanks all for interesting explanations!!

Keep more explanations coming please!!

Darn  I missed the 8/17/14 deadline for this sale!!! I thought it said 9/17/14 deadline!!

There goes my chance to buy it for nine bucks!!

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I have both.

Flew the JustFlight version for a short time. Exterior model ain't bad and VC is OK but as happens with many JustFlight FSX products there was a niggling problem - awful flight dynamics.

QW 146 is excellent with a proper support forum. Definitely worth the extra cash.

Hope this helps,

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg