Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Difference Between Quality Wings and JustFlight BA146s?

I have both and like them equally biggest problem with the QW BAE 146 is i cannot find many liveries/repaints for it,QW supplied the BAE version in QW house liveries and there are not many other liveries/repaints for the BAE146 version,s that I want to use,any one point me to any UK/European liveries that they have found

peter

There are somewhere around 100 or so on the QW website, as someone pointed out, for both the 146 and the RJ, FS9 and FSX

Jay

Sorry,  I bought the QW 146, and thought I read what was necessary, but after 2 days, I couldn't really start the darn thing.  It's my problem...so no need to tell me how dumb I was with this;  So, I asked for a refund.

Stan

I have them both; bought the JF one first (it's made by CLS), then the QW version.

Would never dream of touching the JF version now.  It's not bad for a CLS aircraft (certainly better than some of there previous offerings) but it's still a CLS 'lite' style aircraft.

The QW has better visuals, better systems, better sound (although I do use an addon TSS sound pack for it now), and just has that illusive quality, that the JF doesn't have.

PS, if you use hardware or like to assign controls like the AP modes to keys, the QW version supports FSUIPC Mouse Macro assignment of the Avro 70, 85 and 100 versions only (sadly, not the 146 models), but the JF doesn't support any assignments beyond a couple of default AP modes.

In short, get the QW version.

PPS.... Re enging starting, a lot of people miss the fact that the fuel control switches on the 146 and Avro are built in to the throttle arms.   In both (JF and QW) versions you need to right click on each throttle arm, to switch the fuel on/off.

In the QW version, to start engines:-

1). Ensure you have APU on, and the APU bleed on (NB...The APU bleed button is not particularly close to the APU master button!)
2). Switch on the Start Master flip Switch (overhead)
3). Turn the engine start selector rotary to '1' (overhead)
4). Press the Engine starter switch below the rotary
5). at 16% N2, right click the arm of throttle 1.
6). Turn the Engine Start Selector Rotary to '2' and repeat stages 4-5 (right clicking on each appropriate throttle arm.
7). Continue with engines 3 & 4 as above

8). Set the Engine Start Selector Rotary back to it's centre position and set the Start Master switch OFF.

1). Ensure you have APU on, and the APU bleed on

Whoa! Make sure APU bleed (labelled APU Air) is off! There's a reason why the APU Air switch is not located near the start panel!

The engines are started using DC electrical power on this aircraft, powered from the TRU's. You'll cook APUs real quick leaving the bleed air on ;).

Can also be started using a External DC power source (not modelled on either QW/JF version), or with dual-battery equipped aircraft (also not modelled).

Whoa! Make sure APU bleed (labelled APU Air) is off! There's a reason why the APU Air switch is not located near the start panel!

The engines are started using DC electrical power on this aircraft, powered from the TRU's. You'll cook APUs real quick leaving the bleed air on ;).

Can also be started using a External DC power source (not modelled on either QW/JF version), or with dual-battery equipped aircraft (also not modelled).

You may be right regarding the real aircraft, but in the QW simulation, the manual and tutorial both state to ensure APU BLEED is ON (and I'd bet also that the engines won't start without it).

The aircraft starts fine for me both in the RW and with the QW sim just fine without APU air on. The aircraft doesn't use pnuematic starters. I have no idea why QWsim would ask ya to keep the air on.