Sign in to follow this  
hontzt

Missing 777LR

Good Morning,

I just recently upgraded to to the 300ER and now my 200LR's do not show in the FSX aircraft menu.  Ops Center no longer recognizes the 200LR.  Any suggestions on how I can get my 200LR's back?

VR

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

This issue has been posted on this forum.  This issue happened to me after I installed sp1b.  My 200 LRF did not show up in the FSX menu or the PMDG OC.  So, I wound up flying the 300ER, cause I didn't want to spend time trying to analyze and trying to fix.  The next day I went to the OC and I had a message.  The message said that some of my AC were missing and asked if I wanted to restore them.  I chose yes and my 200LRF's were restored. 

The weird thing was that when it happened at first, the 200LLRF would show up in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder but not in the OC or FSX menu.

Try going back to the OC.

Gnacino

I'll give it a try.  Glad I'm not the only one.  Thank you.

Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

The weird thing was that when it happened at first, the 200LLRF would show up in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder but not in the OC or FSX menu.

I am guessing that the entries for individual liveries were somehow not placed at the beginning of the aircraft.cfg file in the PMDG 777-200LR folder.  That would make the aircraft not show up in the FSX menu, and probably the OC menu.

There is an entry for each livery.  It begins like this:

[fltsim.0]

title=PMDG 777-200LR PMDG House

sim=B777-200LR

If you save your old aircraft.cfg file or quite likely find a recent backup of that file in the 777-200LR folder you can just copy and paste.  I believe the new installation creates a backup of this file called aircraft_old.cfg.   But don't substitute the backup file for the newly installed one.  The file controls the flight characteristics of the plane and most likely has been  changed since the previous release.  Just copy the entries for each livery.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The selective liveries were in the original cfg.  Everything was installed using PMDG liveries thru the OC.  There must be some kind of bug in the sp1b cause a few other people had the  same problem.  At either rate, the OC restored everything and it must of restored from the old cfg.

Gnacino