Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Instant Replay - brake temp/pressure failures

This has happened a few times now, and it happened before any SP:

After I land and pull off the active, I use FS Recorder to watch instant replays of my landing from different perspectives. One replay doesn't seem to cause a problem, but two or more will cause brake pressure and temp failures even though I have disabled all failures in the PMDG options. When this happens, I can no longer taxi to the gate because the failures are simulating six of my tires on each main blown.

I've tried going to the fmc and resetting all failures, however it doesn't stick. I can repeatably reset the failures, and it will cycle for a second, and then all 10 failures come back. To salvage the flight, I end up having to slew to the gate.

1. Why does this happen on replay?

2. Why does this happen even though I've turned off failures explicitly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Can't give any answer to those questions but if you go into the maintenance page in the fmc, you should find an option to cool the brakes. Once that is done then you should be able to reset brake temps and replace the tires. Otherwise the hot brakes will continue to deflate the tires.

After I land and pull off the active, I use FS Recorder to watch instant replays of my landing from different perspectives. One replay doesn't seem to cause a problem, but two or more will cause brake pressure and temp failures even though I have disabled all failures in the PMDG options. When this happens, I can no longer taxi to the gate because the failures are simulating six of my tires on each main blown.

Hi, John,

When you do this you may be reloading the 777 on top of itself, depending on how FS Recorder is set.  This is a big no-no and produces unpredictable results.

Better to finish your taxi to the gate before you try any replays using FS Recorder.

A good way to use FS Recorder is to use its save flight function.  For what you want to see, start recording at the beginning of the approach.  If you are replaying the recording with a 777 already loaded, it's best to load the default trike-ultralite/Friday Harbor flight and then play back the recording.  But you need to read this to get it to work properly:

http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=887

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2