Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

777 freezes. Still have sound.

Ok folks,

I changed my affinity mask settings from 254  back to value 14 and i did two test flights..........and.............no freezing!

So I hope really with this change of affinity mask value back to "14" i could solve the freezing problems.

Thanks for the hint.

Alex

LSZH

Bad news Folks!

on my third fllight with 777-200 i got the freezed Screen again..... :(

so ist not the affinity mask.......

I dont know what it is.....

I continue flying 777-300 and Keep you informed if it freezes as well.....

all problems after Sp1b

Alex

LSZH

I have said this a few times already, but I thought it cant hurt to mention again what helped me.

Have you tried off loading core 0?

I mean more than Affinity mask alone?

In the past I found that anything that reduces the load on core zero helps.

Affinitymask does that too and maybe it helped you enough on your first two flights but not on your last one.

I used to move my weather engine away from core 0 (with windows task manager)

Others things you can do are less AI (no cars), Less Autogen, Less UTX (via the UTX setup tool you can tone down many things) etc.

Rob Robson

Thanks for your reply

how do "offload" core 0 sorry? how can i do that?

But i think ist a Sp1b Problem, before i never had freezes.

Thanks for your answer

Regards

Alex

Thanks for your reply

how do "offload" core 0 sorry? how can i do that?

But i think ist a Sp1b Problem, before i never had freezes.

Thanks for your answer

Regards

Alex

Hi, like I said above.

Less autogens, less AI.....anything that is less.....reduces the load on core 0.

Offloading other software is done with Windows taskmanager.

Do you have a PC that is used only for FSX, or do you use it for all kinds of other things at the same time?

If you use it for many other things as well, then I guess it will never have enough CPU cycles available for FSX anyway.

Unless you go through one of them guides available on the internet to optimize your Windows setup maybe.

But if you are not running anything else at the same time with FSX or if you have a PC that only has FSX on it.....then maybe removing stuff like weather programs or other utilities from core 0 might just give that little bit of extra power required to run without freezes.

(I am not promising anything though.......)

I found you a good link describing how to do this:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/change-the-processor-affinity-setting-in-windows-7-to-gain-a-performance-edge/

The only things is......you have to move that software again and again and again each time you start it up again. The setting is not memorized :-(

Rob Robson

Thank you for your answer 777simmer

But i dont have this problem from the beginning. Everything worked fine without freezing.

Only after Sp1b and it seems now only on 777-200 i get this freezings.

So it cannot be the settings on my computer. I have an high-end 32 GB RAM machine with two GTX690, i7 Processor.

I only use it for FSX. 

Thanks anyway for your help.

Alex

only on 777-200 i get this freezings.

So it cannot be the settings on my computer.

lol

So let me get this straight.

You have a problem.....

So you ask for help....

People offer you ideas....

But then you dont want to try anything, or change anything.......

And you still expect the problem to go away...magically....all by itself?

Makes sence to me......not.

Rob Robson

Hi all,

Does the affinity mask 14 specifically reduce load on core 0?  Also, what would the mask be for 4 core with hyperthreading?  Does reducing load on core 0 work?

Thanks,

Matthew

(sorry for sounding like a noob)

As you can read in this and many other threads as well......for some, reducing the load on core 0 works. For others not.

Normally FSX is running for the largest part on core 0 of the CPU.

Some parts of FSX are spread out over the other cores though, like texture loading.

Mmany/some other applications also mainly use core 0.

So it is quite easy for core 0 to become loaded much havier than core 1,2,3

Especially on a PC that is running other stuff simultanuously to FSX!

(email, internet, music, all kinds of auto updating, etc)

So my first recommendation is to use a PC dedicated to FSX, or to create a second Win7 boot dedicated to FSX on the same hardware.

When you use AF mask, you are moving FSX completely away from core 0!

So now core 0 is only used by Email, internet, all kinds of updating, music, etc.

So yes it reduces the load on core 0, but that is irrelevant.

The largest part of FSX is then running on core 1

The good thing of that is, that core 1 is usually not loaded by other software as much as core 0, so now FSX has more CPU power available on core 1 than what it had on core 0.

That is why AF might help you!

BUT

FSX now only has core 1,2 and 3 to use, instead of 0,1,2 and 3.

Where without affinity mask, some things like texture loading are spread out over core 1,2,3......with AF mask this can only be spread out over core 2 and 3.

Core 0 is not used for FSX at all this way.

On my system with my settings this causes blurry textures

I NEED core 1,2,3 for texture loading to prevent blurry textures....core 2 and 3 only are not enough for me.

So using AF mask for FSX causes FSX to have one less core to use, and that is kind of a waste IF you can also stop the freezes by moving OTHER things away from core 0.

And that is why my second recommendation is, moving FSX utilities like weather apps, etc away from core 0 with Windows Task Manager (if you have freezes....if not then dont worry about that).

Rob Robson

Oh......and dont forget my third and fourth recommendation either

3) Try a few flight with FSX settings at lowest

- Zero AI traffic

- normal Autogen and normal scenery complexity

- cloud draw distance 60nm

- no bloom, shadows and other performance hitters

Of that helped enough then you can start putting sliders back up one by one to see how far you can go.

4) Update the PMDG Ops Center to the latest version.

(I know sounds unrelated....probably is but can it hurt?......In my case it seemed to help)

Others have had good results with updating audio and video drivers too.

Rob Robson

I know what freezes 777s raas pro. Well i did uninstall sp2 and reinstalled it repares fsx cfg. See if that has fixed freeze fault?

Hello Boys,

Well, another one with this freezes..... Every 10 seconds aprox.  i get 3 seconds lag on my B772..... :o

I did this:

[JOBSCHEDULER] 

AffinityMask=14

And This:

The CPU Affinity thing..... CPU 0, CPU 1 for FSX.......  others (3,4) for external programs) -  Ahh, i only use my PC for FSX....

And This:

Update my FSX.CFG with Bojote´s Application....

And This:

Update PMDG B773 from 6036 --> 6061 (Downloading from PMDG website - not the updater)

And this:

Lower settings.....  

And this:  

Tested the aircraft on other scenarios, during the day and night......  Noticed that only happened at KORD at night(At least, among those tested.....

Nothing worked   :wacko:

What i discovered:

1- Specific airports/ At night:   When i first discovered the issue i was about to start a Long haul from KORD at night.    Im using FSDreamteam KORD.     So, i changed to other airport, during the day--> The B772 worked well, no lags.     KORD at the day works well,  During the night--> Issue...  ..   The weird thing is that this is not happening with none of the other FSDT Sceneries(I have them all), but i dont know if some other snecenies might cause same issue....

2- Can also happen when entering to FSDT KORD comming from a daytime, entering to nighttime (Apparently, nightime loads up the system, or something) is causing the lags around nightime simulation.

3- Hapening on both B773, B772:     I started with the B773 and got same results....

4- This is a SP1b Issue:   Apparently, this is about the programming of the new SP1b.    May be it is loading up the systems so that, when facing extremelly loading sceneries, it gets laggy..... at night!   I noticed this may happen when flying through sceneries like Megasceneries.....    But mostly during the night...... weird...

5- Not hapenning with other aircrafts and/or with the older version of B772......  Definitelly something on the last servicepack SP1b.....   Try it.....!  Roll back....

Well,  hope to see some fix soon......    Sad.... :blush:  

My solution =    After doing all of the above, i decided to download and install FSDT KORD from the website.     May be there was a newer version ....   And YES!.....   Solved!....  No more lags..... at least for now......  dont know what else can come up.....     By the way, i can set everything back to normal, and i dont get lags still(FSUIPC autosaved, sounds back to normal, settings to high(as i was used)......   The update of KORD solved it for me..... :lol:

Hope this info can help...

Regards boys.... B)

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Anybody look in their '777X_debug_log.txt' ?

I found this on the last few lines repeated a few times...

"SimConnect message queue is too long, passing control back to FSX
SimConnect message queue is too long, passing control back to FSX
SimConnect message queue is too long, passing control back to FSX"

I'm flying the 777-200LR/F after i deleted raas pro no freezes just normal flight. Ive flown for over 10000 hours. Fsx uses alot of memory so does raas pro it's a good idea to run 4 or 8 GB on memory ease the freeze problem. The 777 does pause or freeze for number of mins or seconds i do have alot of memory even a good processor. I purchased raas pro from aerosoft shop thought it was a good turned out that it's the problem with all freezes on fsx uses too much memory.i hope there be a fix. Pmdg 777 works fine.

So I have looked for the jobscheduler thing in my fsx.cfg and I am not finding int at all. Is this something that has to be added or am I missing something. I too have the freezes about 10 minutes after departure.  The only thing that I am running is the 777-300 with the aa livery and asn. Any help would be appreciated

Brian Kiraly