Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

LEST ILS app chart help

RVR is measured by visibility sensors. This document shows how they can be located: http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/6560.10C.pdf

A controlling RVR means the reported value of an RVR reporting location (touchdown, mid-point and stop-end) used to determine whether operating minima are, or are not, met.

http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/lvo-1.pdf

Advisory RVR just for additional information gives visibility in other runway locations, decisions to clear for approach and land would be made regardless of it.

So why does navigraph not show weather minimums?

What do you mean?

Not sure I see the problem, but if you mean on the approach plates, it is right there.

EDDH ILS 23:

m3geTr7.jpg

HRCLL = High Instensity Runway Center Line Lights

HREDL = High Intensity Runway Edge Light

Multiple RVR means you have available RVR for near, middle and far end of runway.

The more lights and the more RVR information available = lower minimums.

Thanks bud clears that up :) makes sense now.

Looking to learn a new skill. At EGPH taking off on rwy 24 you have to entry points for the rwy at the end. In rw i have seen a few a/c using the second one from the end, my explanation is because there light and don't need the full length. But how do pilots work this out? Or does the dispatch or something tells them?

Vernon Howells

Yep, by looking at the performance charts / using the EFB. Or they get their numbers from dispatch.

Can you do such with TOPCAT?
Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.  EDDF has 7 departure runways but 19 or 20 takeoff locations on the runway drop down list. KIAH has 10 departure runways and 10 takeoff locations (which obviously use the full runway) in the drop down list.

got another query it was mentioned CI means where you intercept the localizer and FI for the GP

But when i set up my route for practise to see, the FI was at 4nm away from the runway and the alt of 1520. the airport is EGKK and rwy 08R. But the GP is at 8.6nm.

i have provided a snapshot below thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t9x091dik2jueu/2014-9-4_10-19-4-179.BMP?dl=0

Vernon Howells